Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, deborah1254. Try switching your exercises to work new muscles – this is usually a good jump-starter. If you belong to a gym, hopefully your membership includes advice from staff – if anything else, just to prevent injury.

deborah1254 10 years ago

I’m stuck on a plateau also. I follow the diet and exercise at the gym and walk on my treadmill at home. Also drink the 10 glasses of water daily. Don’t know what else it takes to start losing again!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

In “My Downloads” (above)

Dannimom 11 years ago

Where do I find the online guide Excercising for Fat Loss?

Dannimom 11 years ago

Ossie, thanks for your reply. My husband tells me the same thing about exercise. As long as I continue to see progress, I’ll keep going. I will try to get some walking in during my lunch break when the weather perrmits.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Dannimom. This phase will pass, particularly the too-tired-to-exercise phase, as your basic health improves. A couple of suggestions:
1. Swap out some of the carbs and fats in your menu for a treat once in a while – total deprivation is not good in the long run
2. Try to find some substitutes for the “unhealthy” foods you have been giving up – it doesn’t have to be perfect, just a little better than what it was.
3. If you are too tired after work to exercise, think about sneaking exercise into your workday. The Club’s online guide “Exercising for Fat Loss” has some ideas that may work for you, or give you other ideas. Those same exercises you can also do during any free minutes. Even though it is said that 20 minutes straight is needed for aerobic exercise, a few minutes here and there to tone your muscles can get your metabolism going too. At first it is unpleasant, but if you stick with it, it will AMAZE you how your strength grows.
Again – don’t be perfect, just a little better each time, and it WILL add up.

Dannimom 11 years ago

I did very well in Week 1, losing over 4 pounds. Week two, I seem to have flattened out, going up only slightly. I know that with most diets the first weight that you lose is due to water retention. After that it seems to not work any longer. Although I’m not sticking to the menu plan 100%, I have been eating very healthy foods. It gets depressing to not eat the foods that you like with no reward (losing more weight). This is when I always give up on a diet. I also live a very sendentary lifestyle. Working full time with no exercise. Too tired when I get home from work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.