Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Isolkene. We check journals upon request.

Isolkene 4 years ago

Oops – didn’t realize about ‘vegetables of choice’ unfortunately Not easy to get to areas of program on IPad – definitely feel I’m eating too much especially snacks so scaling back today – made chicken soup recipe – not a quick recipe – does anyone check food journals?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Isolkene. Peas and beans are not included in the “Vegetables of Your Choice” – the latter is a cup of non-starchy salad type vegetables. Peas and beans are included in the “Carbohydrate” categories of “Starchy Vegetables” and “Legumes” – 1/2 cup already cooked (or canned and drained) is a serving.

Isolkene 4 years ago

Thanks – I’m trying to use food I bought before starting the program plus using the Meals on Wheels. When menu states one vegetable – if peas or beans would that be 1/2 cup?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

That’s great. Let me know if the menu doesn’t work out for you.

Isolkene 4 years ago

Thanks I go to Silver Sneakers class 2 x week and walk my dog several times.
Per day

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Isolkene. You can use the general pattern of your menu here to guide portion sizes and meal timing, so that you can get the most out of Meals on Wheels while right-sizing your weight. You can find simple recipes by using the search box in our “Recipes” section (link in the toolbar near the top of each site page) – enter terms like “simple,” “basic,” “classic,” “easy,” “quick,” etc.
What sort of physical activity are you able to do?

Isolkene 4 years ago

I plan to try to do program part time as I have back problem, get Meals On Wheels 3 x weekly as I can’t stand very long to cook – any help would be appreciated – any area where there is simple recipes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.