Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
philpayne 11 years ago

Hi AES1, what’s with all the numbers?

P90X is a workout program that you do at home it’s purchased on DVD, the program is linked to http://www.beachbody.com

AES1 11 years ago

147|..3|.26
.39|84.|15.
82.|.67|439
—+—+—
793|21.|5.8
284|695|371
5.6|.78|942
—+—+—
458|72.|.13
.62|.31|78.
37.|5..|294
What is P90?

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Samson2U, I looked at the Infinity workouts over the weekend, they are really hardcore cardio, I can’t see i’d be ready for that yet, even those working with JohnT were struggling to keep up. Wow i’m impressed if you are doing this?

Radisson 11 years ago

Sounds like a program nobody can keep up with for a long time. I do kettlebell exercises every other day, much easier, keeps you in shape, takes about 30 to 40 minutes. No need for a gym to go outside. Takes little room even small office cubicle will do. Do a search and look up the numerous sites on the subject.

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Samson2u, the P90X has three cardo workouts included, but you mix it up with Yoga, X-stretch and weights and other muscle build-up programs, it’s an all round body workout. The program includes plyometrics, Kenpo X and Cardio X. I’ve been doing it for around 6 weeks now, each week i’m feeling fitter and stronger, I remember the first week I was worn out after doing the warm up exercide, now I can keep up for around 50%-70% of the time, I’m hoping to be able to keep up completely after 3-4 months.

It is certainly an excellent way to workout but you need to be able to do an hour a day so takes some commitment.

I’ll take a look at Insanity.

Cheers.

samson2u 11 years ago

Hi, Emmafroud and Philpayne! I am not doing P90X YET…I am doing the Insanity workout which is by far VERY challenging and I thought I was reasonably fit. There is a lot of plyometrics (jumping) involved and this the 2nd month is leaving my knees hurting so I found that I have to modify some of the exercises. I have a friend that has the Les Mills Combat and she is rocking it! My significant other and I decided on doing Insanity together – he is 53. I did not notice any changes until about 5 weeks into the program. If you get Insanity – be prepared to work. P90X is the same way as these programs are result driven and all you need to do is press play and do your best. The yoga in P90X is great, sore afterwards, but felt like a million bucks! Hit me up – would love to help support and I need it too!

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Emma, Insanity, is that a more cardio workout? I find the plyometrics and Kenpo X more than challenging. You must be fit. Good work.

emmafroud 11 years ago

we are getting on ok im overtaking them on arms on 3-4 and keeping up on everything else. we have realised we wont be able to do p90x as you need a pull up bar and dumb bells not good when your doing it in your living room so when we move on I think it will be the insanity workout

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Emma, how are you getting on with the P90X program? I’m still doing it, took a couple of weeks off at the beginning of Fe as was on a skiing holiday for a week and I injured my shoulder on holiday so didn’t do much for the first week on my return.
I’m still finding it extremely hard going but I am noticing that my stamina has improved, I’m able to keep up more and complete more of the hour long workout so I must be getting fitter.
Hope you are well and still on it.

emmafroud 11 years ago

Me and my husband have been doing it for about 3 months we had a break for a couple of weeks over xmas. its a really good program and we enjoy doing it

philpayne 11 years ago

Not sure I can say i’ve been adding muscle, I think you need to use the heavy weights for that, however I have felt my muscles stiff after workouts so hopefully they are toning up. How long you been doing it? I’ve only been doing it for a couple of weeks.

emmafroud 11 years ago

That’s why im doing p90 so I can build up to p90x it dose work because ive defiantly changed shape and feel a lot stronger and fitter, I do have to keep reminding myself that I will lose weight slower because of the amount of muscle im putting on, please let me know how your getting on

philpayne 11 years ago

Hi Emma, yes i’m doing the P90X program whilst also following this diet. I’m no where able to stick with the exercise routines but i’m hoping with time I will be able to keep up with Tony.

emmafroud 11 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing to P90 Tony Horton exercise program

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.