Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Sunnyah. There are quite a few club members here with celiac. They make use of the gluten-free route in the Menu Planner, and do well with that. We are currently in the process of adding more foods to that route. In addition, most of the recipes on this website are gluten-free, even if not specified as such.
Beyond that, this program encourages “good fats” and probiotic foods, which help with the long-term health concerns associated with celiac.
If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to repost here.

Sunnyah 10 years ago

Ya. I’m with you Gabhart. Really overwhelmed. I can see where this may not be manageable. I have Celiacs disease (gluten intolerance) and it’s hard enough to to get out the door each day with something in my stomach, let alone take all the right foods, or be able to go get them at work. I’m not seeing how to approach this. The introduction video was really good – and was completely logical – but trying to synthesize this all into something doable, hum? Any Celiacs out there?

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, gab! You will need to do some manipulating on your menu planner. (Use the little blue arrows to choose a different item for the menu.) Choose the portion of meats and veggies and take them with you, if possible. When you go out, you will be able to make healthy choices after you have gotten acquainted with the program a bit more. The print out of the menu should take care of part of the planning problem. But, yes, because we have made bad choices in our eating, it is a bit more planning than we are used to now than before. We have to plan to make those good, healthy choices. Also, you may be able to buy some of your fruits and veggies already cut up and that may save you some time. Don’t know if this helps, but don’t give up! Anything new will take some time to adjust to. 🙂 Hang in there!

gabhart 10 years ago

This is really overwhelming! I am all for loosing weight and exercising but I don’t like to cook and this seems like a lot of planning as well. What happened to being able to do this on the go? HELP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.