Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
ShannaMcc 11 years ago

Thank you both we are still going strong just wish I knew if I was loseing anything oh and waht might make it worse is I lost my job Monday little stressed But not fallin off yet.

carolrco 11 years ago

Cynt is right, the scales are only part of it 🙂 chin up and keep going. I am learning each day and feeling better for it, lost some weight even though I am not on the plan completly, (still to use up whats in my cupbord). Feeling better in my clothes (not by any big differance as yet, but they feel a better fit on me none the less. GOOD LUCK and stop being so hard on yourself. 🙂

Cynt 11 years ago

Forget about the scales..just follow the diet…scales are for fish..lol., think lifestyle..come on girl, you can do it…I’ ll be 60 in a few days..feel 40…fat as a ……. And happy as a clam..seriously, it’s not easy but if you fall off get back on!

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

You can forget what I said about my Weight my scales are broken this sucks big time.

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

My son likes his veggis raw to. I love it both ways tonight we are haveing grilled fish with brown rice and black-eye beans and green beans. For lunch we had tuna on whole grain bread and celary with tad bit peanut butter and a friut and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. This is working really well just still trying to get all the menu in all the meals. and thanks I will keep posting started about a weekago at 200lbs now im at 196.4lbs and not going up just staight down yay!

Cynt 11 years ago

The tuna casserole is delicious..I put in a can of mandarin oranges drained and rinsed off..nice addition! I’m not a fruit lover so have to sneak it in!!..will try that cabbage and sausage!..my grand kids like their veggies raw..like them cooked myself!! Sounds like you are on track..keep posting!

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

Thank you yes I had to put what was in my kitchen in with the good food trying to smooth in to all the good food all the time. So I know what you mean there. The hardest part for me is getting my famiy into it they are trying but very picky. And finding meals that they will eat. I want to have them eat what I do durning the day but Im not there to make sure and my kids cant have that first snack of the day cause there at school. S I dont quit know what to do there. Oh something thats really good is fryed cabbage in olive oil and lean turkey italan sasuge. Oh and when I eat my whole grain toast in the morrning I put a lil of stawberry cream cheese on it just a lil.

Cynt 11 years ago

Good for you ShannaMcc..I’m in the same boat…but almost a month into this diet and I’m still at it so it makes me feel this might be the one that helps me…I really think the key to this diet is the whole grains and protein..my pantry and fridge are almost free of the stuff that is not really good for you..I could not afford to throw away food, so I incorporated it in to this diet as best I could…as well a rule of thumb for me is… if its white its not right! Reading the comments is a real help too..good luck partner!

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

I want to thank all of you for everything you said. I never thought I would get a response. I am grateful you did. I hope we all can keep in touch and keep eat other updated and share what is working for each of us so maybe if something is not working for one of us we can get an idea from someone that is getting success. And it means alot to me that there is till nice people out there that will take time to share a positive opnion.

Pecans 11 years ago

How brave of you! “It’s not how often we fall down that counts, but rather how many times we get up!” You continue to try – have continued to get up and I truly believe that THIS COULD BE THE TIME AND METHOD for YOU! Pray about it. My sons told me they’ll stop smoking when I loose my excess weight – believing that that will never happen. They’re about to be 30, 32 and 34. One is over 350#, so I know that our leadership is required. I just joined today, so we’ll be starting together and I offer you my friendship and support.

samb77 11 years ago

Good luck ShannaMc^c !

carolrco 11 years ago

Hi ShannaMcc Well done for giving up smoking,and the very best of luck with your new challenge of losing weight and getting even more healthy. take care 🙂

ShannaMcc 11 years ago

I work all week and long hours. Im 5 foot and weight 200 lbs need to lose 50 to 60 lbs maybe more I have had a hard time loseing weight most of my life. Its really hard to eat all that food and have time to cook all of it so I find it easyer to eat most of it raw (not the meat). I really really hate cooking but I have 2 kids and my husband that I have to cook for. My son is over weight to and very lazy I thank if I can get him to eat right and get healther he will go out side and play more. I quit smokeing 2 years ago cold turkey so I thank I can do this. I am in tears almost everyday. I am so tired of trying to tie my shoes and being out of breath. This is my last resort so wish me luck.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.