Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Patrick 11 years ago

Oh, you’ve got that right about volleyball – I wish someone told me to wear knee pads 10 years ago! I used to play a lot then, and remember hitting my knees a lot… But luckily it doesn’t seem like it left me with bad consequences.
About jogging – do you have a river or lake or some recreation spot near home? Somewhere where cars don’t drive, at least…

JMaturan 11 years ago

It’s a great site for knee workouts but when playin volley ball it’s beat to wear knee & elbow pads. The hard floor can be hard on the body. Fun sport! I like to jog slow and walk, my problems are cars behind me and loose dogs. I can’t outrun them. I don’t like to carry a stick or golf clubs while walking. I can’t enjoy my workout. Suggestions?

Stevie 11 years ago

Thanks! I really like that site – very precise and straight to the point. I already do some of the illustrated and described exercises, but not all of them, so this definitely teaches me something new. 😀

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

This site has a great assortment: http://www.bigkneepain.com/knee-exercises.html#kneestrengtheningexercises
Best of luck!

Stevie 11 years ago

Wow, if you can ski that much, your knee is in a really good shape now. 🙂
I will look up some instructions and see what exercises are good for building up those muscles. I remember a friend telling me once to do that, but frankly it slipped from my mind…

paul61 11 years ago

I had knee surgery 30 years back and suffered from knee pain for many years until I started working out.
Build up the surounding muscles to lessen the load on the joint.
I’ve been pain free since, although I sometimes feel it after 2 games of hockey…or a full day of sking!

Brad 11 years ago

Swimming is definitely a good workout for bad knees you can also try the row machine or a stationary bike too.

Jeremy 11 years ago

My knees aren’t in the best shape either and that’s why I workout with my bike and swimming. Actually, I’ve never experienced knee pain when I bike ride. What about things like tether ball or volley ball?

You can do some strength training outdoors and even yoga!

Stevie 11 years ago

Hi. I occasionally have pains in my knees when I exercise a lot, which is why I stopped jogging and turned to swimming. I still climb stairs to work on my legs and my knees can take it. The walking is fine too… However, I’d like to hear other suggestions because I’m running out of ideas. I feel too old for roller skating and I’m not sure if bicycle would be hard on my knees.
I love going to the pool, but would also like to spend some time outdoors when the weather is nice… but what to do there?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.