Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
FrancesJill 11 years ago

Hi saundke1 – I know what you mean, until I tried the option next to the menu which asks how complex and how much variety you want in the menu, and whether you want recipes included or not – this made a difference and also I used the refresh menu option and got another one which I preferred. I have been on this for one week, and am overcoming the frustrations slowly and realising that being in UK I just have to adapt and substitute as much as possible, and also add lots of the free vegetables into my meals as well, which helps a lot. As the emails from Trimdown say, start small and get used to the programme slowly and trust the programme, it will come through for you – it is a marathon, not a sprint! Take your time to get used to the website and how it works and adapt to suit. Good luck!

paulmiller2010 11 years ago

saundke1 seems to be right to me

YogaRose 11 years ago

No its not just you, clever idea, cheap programmepayment offer but recipies that as others have said are time consuming and not always foods you would buy, like the idea of the tv programme where people take a few items they like in a carrier bag to the chefs who come up with great ideas for the food you DO normally eat in less than 10-15 mins, as a vegetarian, there are not too many simple menus or choices so will stick to my porrige with fruit for breakfast, very lightly stir fried mix of in season veggies with either rice or cous cous or roasted if i have more time, baked potato for lunch(from deli at work and my fruit and nut mix with yogurt! and going to my yoga class!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Waspwing. I will forward your suggestion to the development team. In the meantime, try any of the recipes with “Classic” in the title – these are generally the fastest and simplest.

Momma3 11 years ago

They are alittle odd, I end up mixing and matching to make things I would eat. Take for instance when they say 1 ounce of tuna I will put it together to make a salad. I don’t drink almond milk I only use it when cooking. I tend to look over the whole day and see what I can do to make it something I would eat. Another instance might be when you see a 1/2 bagel in morning and another 1/2 bagel later in the day , one egg things like cottage cheese, bacon, and vegi’s.
I would make an egg sandwich and put my bacon on it. vegi’s on the side.

waspwing 11 years ago

What I’ve found, as a recently single guy who has a busy job and does all my own cooking, the menues are overly complex, there just is not time in the day to do it.

I would be happy with very simple less elaborate fare, long as it was meeting my health objectives. To try to make a menu I would have time to do, I have to de-select a lot of items that would add complexity. But then I’m getting a less diverse food range.

There should be an option where you can select a wide range of menu ingredients, but have a “quick to prepare” button before your meal choices are made.

I can see lots of people will succeed better with an elaborate menu as it will keep them satisfied. But for some, it makes it overly burdensome.

awayagain4 11 years ago

That’s what I think. I shall put together my own meals from the list of foods on the shopping list. It’s the portion sizes I shall have to be careful of. It might take a bit of tweaking for the first few weeks but I’ll give it a go.

slimlesley 11 years ago

That should read- isn’t alone in that thought!

slimlesley 11 years ago

hi, I just joined and reading some of the threads and I agree that menus look odd too. So saundke1 is alone in that thought!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, and thanks for the input. Can you give some examples? I will forward them to the tech/development team. In the meantime, you can use the swap feature by clicking on the icon next to the item you want to change.

saundke1 11 years ago

Is it just me or are the “menus” really just items from my food list thrown together?
The menus are really not a meal but some odd things on a plate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.