Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, NTlisa. You can find the major food group exchanges that feature in your menu by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu. Exchanges translate to the following approximate nutritional values:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat
Salt is not listed, but if you create a menu using the foods listed in the lighter shades of blue, you will likely have less than 3000 mg per day.
Regarding adjusting the menus to support a keto diet, use the subapplication of the Menu Planner by clicking on the circular arrow icon to the right of each meal header. Once there, you can replace the carbohydrate food group items with protein exchanges at a 1-to-1 ratio or with 2 fats, and each fruit exchange with 2 green vegetable exchanges (ignore the red and green error indicators).

NTlisa 5 years ago

Hi there – I have just created my weekly menu and created a shopping list etc, but where in any given day or meal setting can I find the Nutrition Chart that will tell me the carbs – the salt etc etc.

TDC is about ensuring the right blend of foods paired in any one meal are balanced to ensure your body is in Keto? I am currently eating KETO which is mainly focused on low carb and don’t want to undo all my hard work?

ALL ASSISTANCE greatly appreciated Please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.