Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Leonard 11 years ago

Oh yeah, binge eating can be a problem if I spend the night out and then crash back home hungry, eat first thing at hand and go to sleep right afterwards. Happens sometimes, but I found it’s good to prepare some healthy snack to wait for me when I come home.

(If I spend the night at home, then it’s easier to keep it all balanced.)

Stevie 11 years ago

My two cents on this: I noticed that routine in my sleeping schedule helps me maintain routine and discipline in my nutrition.
I get up early even on the weekends and try to keep myself well rested whenever possible. When I fall out of my routine, I mess up my meal schedule and eat more than I should… and that’s not good.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

A nocturnal lifestyle does not automatically translate to extra weight gain. The challenge is that being out of the body’s natural circadian rhythm sometimes triggers inappropriate eating – overeating in general, a focus on unhealthy foods, and overdoing carbohydrates, as well as binging right after the all-night activity and then going to sleep on a full stomach. If you are going to be nocturnal, then simply shift your eating patterns according to your activity – as you stated, breakfast at lunchtime, dinner at midnight-1 am. And of course, be wary of vacation eating itself – often a source of eating pitfalls that can lead to extra weight gain if basic principles are forgotten.

Leonard 11 years ago

When on vacation, I tend to go to sleep around 4-5 AM and sleep until noon. What does this mean for my nutrition? Can I eat dinner at 1 AM if I am going to sleep at dawn?
Should I eat according to the objective time of day, or should I follow “mornings” and “evenings” of my own inner clock? Breakfast at lunch time, dinner at midnight, etc.
This always confused me and I wonder if nocturnal lifestyle automatically means that I’ll gain extra weight…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.