Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The following are shopping links for Australia (SWG breads can be found at Lifestyle Bakery):
Australian Organic Food Directory (Australia)

Welcome

Links

Fundamental Food Store (Australia)

Fundies Landing Page

Stores and online shopping

Grass-Fed Meat in Australia (Australia)
http://www.paleoz.com/australia/grass-fed-meat-in-australia/
Links

Lifestyle Bakery (Australia)
http://www.lifestylebakery.com.au/
Online shopping; products available in stores

Australia approved sale of raw dairy products only in May, 2012 (starting with cheese). Stay tuned to the above Australia-specific links for the appearance of products, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

Jgau765 11 years ago

I now have everything I need. An order from healthy supplies and a visit to waitrose, I have no excuses. I cooked amaranth for the first time. Pretty weird stuff, not quite sure what I am going to do with it but probably just add lots of veggies and see how it goes.

SarahYoung 11 years ago

I am relieved that there are so many of us new members in the UK who are raisint these concerns. Thank you also to Trim Down Club for advising us that you are taking action to make the club more “UK friendly”. I look forward to feeling that I can fully participate in the club and the weight loss.

jackiee 11 years ago

Hi, I’m originally from the uk but now live in italy. I had difficulty to start with but have changed my menu planner only include ingredients I can find here, which is a great help. There’s also a link under the FAQ’s section – at the bottom of the page – the link shows where to buy in the UK – this link gives a list of shop to get products ect. hope you all find this helpful. Good luck everyone. be positive 🙂

clintonbell 11 years ago

SWG bread in the UK, What about Australia? We hav’nt even got TV colored TV yet:)

jkb1 11 years ago

hi guys i’m ffinding it a bit tricky as well all this SWG products is going to be hard to find and i guess expensive.does anyone have any ideas where i can get these swg products from and raw milk etc.

nailart 11 years ago

Hi all,
I bought measuring cups from Amazon as well as measuring spoons – makes it easy to keep to the measures – much easier than lots of weighing. I found online conversion charts for ounces to grammes and for oven temperatures by going a google search and then printing them off, they are not taped on my fridge door. I have also found a Tempeh supplier using google: http://www.freshtempeh.co.uk/ – I ordered a bunch as it can be frozen – for ready made Seitan and for Braised tofu (which is similar to Tuna Fish) I found them on Amazon of all places! I am disabled so rely on online shopping – when I placed my order with Sainsbury’s there was a lot I could not get – like sprouted wheat, but I am making my own bread using 100% Whole Wheat flour from doves farm, which the supermarket carries. I looked up making bread with the SWG flour and it seemed it could be problematic, and I need easy in the kitchen these days – so am sticking with the normal 100% – the ready made stuff starts to get quite expensive for my taste. Like wise the the SWG cereal around £8 a box – crazy money. Sticking with Suma bran flakes, oats and plain muesli base, and making my own granola from a recipe on here. Where Sainsbury’s gave me full fat ricotta and sour cream as low fat out of stock, I am halving the amounts I serve myself – hope this is good enough??
I am brand new on here and learning, but I do hope this info is useful for some of you. I found the “where to buy” link for UK very helpful – I will source some raw milk products using these.
All the best for the new year and good luck with the weight loss!
xxx

lionpops 11 years ago

thanks jgau .Maybe you could freeze half? I am going to take this slowly and leave the bread till last. Kingsmill wholemeal till then. Then I might bake my own as you can buy the flour online. I am very interested in the deserts especially the chocolate brownies!

Jgau765 11 years ago

Hi lionpops, I bought swg bread from http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk it cost £1.85. It’s from Everfresh Bakery – Sunnyvale, sprouted wheat bread 400 grams. It’s heavy stuff and kinda squidgy. What surprised me is that appears to have a long life whilst packaged but once opened last 3 days and should be kept In the fridge. I very much doubt that I could get through this in 3 days though. jgau

lionpops 11 years ago

Just figured out that you can add your own recipes and that may be why the recipes are for anything from one to twelve people! Still say no matter how focused you are that this is a business and we paid money to join therefore it should be tailored to whatever country it is marketed in. In the mean time can any UK member tell me if they have found a loaf of bread that meets the criteria?

barkingmad 11 years ago

as its only me, I just calculate how much for 1 person, I agree with china, its important to stay focused and be positive about this, its better to give up bad habits and be healthy.. try to remain positive in thought and eating habits

Burberry 11 years ago

I agree

Jgau765 11 years ago

Hi china, I agree with some of your comments but did you really know what seitan was? Have you ever eaten amaranth? There are a few odd bods in the menus but I am working through it, although I don’t think seitan will be on my menu. I have the swg bread – it’s pretty heavy going. This is definitely a healthy menu. I hope to see results and wish you the best.

angela1 11 years ago

I am also glad you have finally told us some of the stores in the uk
as i can look for them when i go shopping.

from angela 1

China 11 years ago

I also live in the UK and in defence of Trim Down Club you found them on the internet then use the internet to find the products needed. Suprisingly you can find many in our regular supermarkets…eg Costcutters do a great range of organic flours, Spelt, Brown Rice Asda do rice milk.. just a couple of examples.
Cost….I’d forgotten just how important eating was to my overall health..stoped my great habits leading to getting sick & quite frankly fat. There can be no cost spared if it means staying healthy…besides if you are all serious do some research many of the foods can be found quite cheaply…..cheaper than eating all that fast, instant processed junk & we can all give somthing up in our lives that costs eg Bingo or fags!!!
I personally can’t wait to start my journey with Trim Down Club they are doing a good job.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.