Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
JPJsnewplan 11 years ago

To Emilywchristy1. I was misdiagnosed with IBS but I have a gluten intolerance instead. I would seriously consider checking to see if you a have wheat gluten problem. When I went gluten free the pain stopped overnight. I,m no doctor but I would get a celiac blood panel test to see.

JPJsnewplan 11 years ago

Have you tried using an elliptical machine? It’s easy on your knees. I am new to this site and I am discouraged already because I have to eat all gluten free food. The daily planner doesn’t offer to much GF items. Try taking one valerian supplement before bedtime and you will sleep like a baby. All natural and no side effects. One good thing I learned here is to get off the margarines and goto butter and olive oil.
Sugar is the culprit. The more sugar, the more fat storing insulin is pumped into your body. I don’t have diabetes but I do have a glucose meter and I check my sugar periodically.
Later. A friend in Tennessee too.

bonnier 11 years ago

Hi all I’m new as of today ? any one on this program have sugar problems and if so has it gone down much?

elainejack 11 years ago

Yes, I am also new and on a bit of a learning curve, but hey, it’s very encouraging and supportive isn’t it? Good luck to other new learners. We will soon be in auto, and know what we are doing blindfolded. hoorah!

dena329 11 years ago

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I m new to this and would like to know where does milk fit in I like my cereal with milk and I do like milk or cream in my coffee in the morning. Is this allowed?

jackiee 11 years ago

oops forget the dietitian online bit, its not available yet and cost money.

jackiee 11 years ago

The FAQ’s at the bottom of the page have good advice and the menu planner under your app is great. I adjusted this to food items I know are available here and found it a great help. Forums are great for getting encouragement from others. There also a Dietitian online chat – this is on the top menu bar at the end. Hope this helps a little, don’t be put off, a little practice and patience will hopefully get you both results. good luck

emilywchristy1 11 years ago

I too am just starting to try this program. There is Way too much info to wade through. Would also be good if there was a way that beginners could share their weight gain problems, as well as possible Medical problems e.g. I have i.B.S. and reflux problems added to my recent weight gain. Medications also sometimes have to be considered in chosing a menu. I will be trying at least to find my way, but where do I go if I need more help?

clogger 11 years ago

I am not sure if I am doing this right or not, I don’t have a topic to discuss. I am brand new to this program as of 4:00 a.m. this morning when I could not sleep. I am still reading my way through all of the information. The menus are involved and contain lots of ingredients I am not sure I will be able to find, but then perhaps the challenge is what I need. I own all of the books on diets, nutrition, etc. but don’t ever seem to get the weight off. I have a bad knee and I really don’t want a knee replacement. Perhaps this blog will be of help. Talking with others having the same issues. I live in Tennessee, but we have a Whole Foods here so I am hoping to find the foods I need to try. Good luck to all this new year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.