Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Support 9 years ago

Hi Kateria,
We are currently working to add all of our recipes to the Menu Planner lists for you to select for your menu. In the meantime, if you would like to include one of our recipes that appears only in the online or text collection, you can definitely do so. Just find a Menu Planner recipe or food that is most similar to what you want—either by comparing exchanges or noting the various types of ingredients—and select it as a place-saver for the system. When it comes time to prepare your meal, make the swap. This can also work with your own personal recipes.
For example, if you are interested in Cheap and Flexible Lentil Stew, one of our newer additions, note that it yields 2 carb + 2 protein exchanges per serving, the same as for Tomato Broccoli Cheesy Potato Bake, which appears in the Menu Planner lists.
In another example, if you have a homemade chicken-vegetable soup you’d like to make, chances are it fits with the combination found in our Chicken Soup for the Gods—even if it isn’t a perfect match, it is more than likely sufficient.
If you wish to incorporate a more unusual recipe, such as our Paleo Nut Stuffing, note that unless you have a specific medical condition, you can swap carbs for proteins (1 carb for 1 protein exchange) or fats (1 carb for 2 fat exchanges).
If you would like more assistance in this area, please do repost, and we would be happy help you.

Kateria 9 years ago

I am hours new to this site. I am trying to plan my menu for the week and I must say this is not very user friendly. I want to add a food from the recipes to my menu but quite frankly I don’t know how!!! Also the recipes do not tell you a serving amount that I can see. What good are the recipes if you can’t include them in your menu for the week?

Crackerjac 9 years ago

Thank you Ikirkolis I will give it a go 🙂

lkirkolis 9 years ago

I am in my first week so trying to figure this website out is a little tricky for me. Pull up your weeks menu & click on “menu history” (I think there is a link at end of each day) Once menu history is opened, click on the week you want to “view” and then when that opens, across the top of the menu “shopping list” should appear

Crackerjac 9 years ago

Hi I joined a week ago and still learning the site,I have completed my settings to get my week one menu and printed it out.I thought there was an area that would have a shopping list created by my menu’s, but now I can’t find it. Can anyone help and show me where it is…Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.