Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. Sorry – there was a typo in my earlier response. The correct link is at https://www.trimdownclub.com/exchanges-lists

MichelleLee63 5 years ago

Hi Ossie-Sharo, thanks for the formulae. However the link takes me to a page that says “Oops!
We couldn’t find the page you were looking for”. Can you check the link please.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Michelle. Yes! You absolutely can use the nutritional information on the packet to swap foods. The following are the general nutritional values of each of the exchanges:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat
As for the rest, the following may help: https://www.trimdownclub.com/excahnges-lists.

Oh, I bought baby corn as well, and I can’t see that listed either.

Update – I just found maize, kernels and green peas listed under starchy vegetables. If I try to swap out potato it lets me select maize, but not green peas? Also one portion of maize kernels is 1 cup, but as we cook the whole ear of corn and then nibble the kernels off I can’t measure them that way. Google says 1 ear of corn is c. 800 kernels, but how many kernels can you get in one cup?

Still struggling with Purple sprouting broccoli, fig rolls, and screen malt loaf.

Hi Ossie-Sharon, Thanks for the tips. The first link works ok, but I don’t actually like the taste of coconut. The second link says page not found, but I did manage to find the cranberry and raspberry flavoured plant sterol powder on the website. I may give that a go.

I am also struggling a bit with knowing what to do about foods that are not in your list. Here in the UK vegetables include sweetcorn (I think you call it maize), garden peas (i.e. Peas in their pods) and purple sprouting broccoli(is that broccoli sports or collard greens in America) but I can’t find them in your list to know the portion size to have. I would like to have Corn on the Cob this week, but if I have a whole kernel how many portions is that?

Also my menu is allowing me to have shortbread and digestive biscuits. If I wanted to swap these out for treats I really love (fig rolls (a biscuit with fig in the middle), and Soreen malt loaf) how do I do that when these foods are not listed (i.e. can I use the nutritional info on the packet to calculate numbers of carb or sweet somehow?).

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. Beverages like Yakult Light are a great idea, but that particular product contains ingredients that might work against your goals here (such as skim milk powder, for example). There are great alternatives on the market that are nutritionally similar, including Biomel (https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=1208146&storeId=10151&krypto=3wMELYdLEZazNmRF97qRyy59aQfT%2FNHFOxheC%2FAetA34sUh2KG1kXOsIeLP8f4rhrCl2hZUTGdZ%2FYdgBUSnT2Dm2rgG9pEPUj0ogAsnkffbQjFr%2FUl2DIeAtqvalvtdWEpZsyrHkiwBvQ6gxzdGjeijda0x4dKvCohHrXSkzI1QNrZ744ViRL%2FBRDJxF%2F%2FHGB%2F8JU9tFuqiD6CV37h7UNw%3D%3D). Flavored Benecol beverage contains sucralose, which can interfere with weight loss and general health – it is better to get something like SimplyGo (https://www.simplysupplements.co.uk/simplygo/simplygo-heart) and add it to the above beverage.

Hi, I am also a new starter and you have just answered one of my questions. Thanks. The other is that every morning I have a 65ml bottle of Yakult light (a probiotic) and a 67.5g bottle of Benecol (strawberry flavour) as I am currently on medication to lower my cholesterol. Neither of these appear in the foods list so how do I adjust the meal planner?
Yakult 65ml = 27kcal, 8.8g carb (2.9g sugar), 0.8g protein, 0.03g salt
Benecol 67.5g = 37 kcal, 1.4g fat (0.1g saturated), 4.1g carb (4g sugars), 1.9g Protein, 0.06g salt, 0.33mg vitamin B1, 2g plant sterols

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Luckybunny1. It’s generally best to eat near to the time you awaken for the day, then every 2.5-3 hours thereafter, with the last time being at least one hour before retiring for the night.

Luckybunny1 5 years ago

Hi all. What times are you supposed to eat and what is the latest time before bed to eat x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.