Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
giova14 11 years ago

I love those choices of late snacks Ossie 🙂 I am trying to go to sleep early but it is always good to know what eat when hungry knock the door late at night!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Ovive. Yes, I am a dietitian for the Trim Down Club 🙂

Ovive 11 years ago

I Ossie , I see that you answer often to the questions ask on the forum …
Are you one of the dietetician ?
Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Olivia. Yogurt, especially a type with live cultures and not loaded with sweeteners, is a great idea – the protein and good bacteria are just what your system needs for late nights.
Note that not sleeping well often translates to weight gain, independent of snacking (just one of those things the body does). Therefore, see if you can snack on lighter, lower-carb items – in addition to the yogurt, you might try vegetables (they don’t have to be the stereotypical carrot and celery sticks – try something a little more exciting like cucumber slices in vinegar, sliced cabbage/jicama/kohlrabi, or something you really like). Try making a vegetable soup and sipping on that for a while. Sometimes a light warm beverage like tea is good for sipping instead of snacking.

Olivia 11 years ago

I work nights and don’t sleep much as I have young twins age Six. During the night while I work at home on my computer I get hungry and want to snack or eat. Not sure what to do…have a bowl of cereal would that be ok if I were hungry and a yogurt 0% with oatmeal biscuit broken inside? This is what I switched to, after I started with my weight gain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.