Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Kantrice. Lunch and dinner are fairly simple, as you can select starchy vegetables and legumes as carbs. At breakfast, I suggest to just select the grain versions of common foods such as breads and cereals, but the products you actually buy should be “paleo” – grain-free, but still healthy.

Kantrice 9 years ago

Hi,

I’m new to the program and am in my first week. Like Manderson5955, I am thyroid less and have found that most grains do not make me feel well. How can I still benefit from the carb combos without grain?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, hamilklh, and welcome. I suggest turning to your healthcare provider to have your insulin adjusted according to changes in your eating or physical activity patterns, as well as any weight loss. It should be a good thing that your glucose levels are dropping, and medication changes can help ensure that you will not suffer from hypoglycemia.

Lalazz1962 9 years ago

I also am a type 1 diabetic, what can I substitute for all the milk. This raises my blood sugar too fast.

hamilklh 9 years ago

I’m new to the club as well. I am diabetic and use insulin. I have a habit of my sugar levels dropping when I try dieting. Any suggestions?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Manderson. This program is rather low in carbohydrates, about 40-45% of energy. At your current measurements, you will be getting about 220 grams, most from high-fiber sources. It may also help if you limit “goitrogenic” foods such as cruciferous vegetables and soy.

Manderson5955 9 years ago

I am a new member also. I am thyroidless. Too many carbs kills my weightloss efforts. How many carbs is in my program?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, twylak, and welcome. I suggest you move to the Menu Planner application (in “Apps” above) to have the system build menus for you based on your own food choices. We don’t work so much with calories here, but do make sure your needs are met while not overdoing – the distribution for you is about 200 grams of carbohydrates (40-45% of energy, the vast majority from high-fiber sources, and at least 1 gram per kilogram bodyweight of protein and fat. Congratulations on organizing a healthy kitchen! I wish you great success and health, and am happy to answer any of your nutrition questions here.

twylak 9 years ago

i am new to trim club i like the program but the automated food suggesstions are ok sometimes but i prefer my own. I initally signed up just to learn a healthier way for my daughter her Dr. said she may have Diabetes so she needed to increase and decrease certain things in which i have started to apply so we walk our lake drink more water and eat more healthier but boy are they fighting me on this..lol Its a struggle making them do this but in the end it will benefit us all..my only thing is i would like to know how many calories should we eat a day? we have no trans fat,more fresh vegetables and fruit, only whole grain breads, natural or organic snacks in the house now..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.