Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Yes, you can eat all the foods on your snack list – it is supposed to be like a mini-meal. If you wish, you can post here what is listed, and I can review it for you.

Trezmania 11 years ago

Do you eat all the food listed in your snack , some seem like a lot

Trixxie – no worries. The Menu Planner gives many options, including those that are not so “specialty” (PS: rice flour is added to make it easier for folks with gluten sensitivity – no pressure to choose it; if you want to convert recipes using specialty flours, just use regular whole-grain flour, and they will work). Just choose what you like and what you can find. If you can try a few new healthy items along the way, so much the better.

The menu planner has indeed been opened up more for vegetarians and vegans. There are also more simple foods because people want to be able to factor in treats and others live in areas where they simply do not have access to whole foods and health foods.
The application not currently designed to have separate Meal Planners, because we would still like people seeking simple foods to be aware of the heatlh foods, and for animal food eaters to be aware of vegetarian options, which are often healthier.

trixxieb 11 years ago

I am feeling the same way.. I don’t think I will be able to find most of these foods at the store..rice flour?! Of course if I go to a special food store. And there aren’t many recipes here as I thought there would be. Little disappointed. I already had cut down on carbs and fats to begin with… hmm I’ll give it a little while but not sure its gonna work.

aimee1127 11 years ago

What I noticed is with the changes the meal planner now seems to be more geared to fast food items and vegans. Maybe there should be 3 separate types of meal planners???

Kathie Gans 11 years ago

I agree. I just started and i cant get it to give me what i put in. How many times a day or week can you eat tuna. The recipes look great. But how do they fit in the meal planner. I’ve never seen beef come up ever

aimee1127 11 years ago

Not sure how this one works but it seems to be worse than it was before. Can I stick to my old meals? What kind of a dinner is this:
• 1 cup of Mixed Green Salad
• 1/4 cup of Classic Egg Salad
• 6 ounces of Low-Fat Yogurt, 2%
• 1/2 cup of Brown Rice Pasta (Cooked)

I’m starting to get very disappointed with this plan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.