cjjc600 11 years ago

Hi i’m new to TDC, when i registered two weeks ago – i was struck with flu so have had a slow start! Feeling better and raring to go i desperately want to change the way i eat so i can loose 4 stone / thats 25.4 kilograms / 56 lbs. I know i am over weight and it may cause health problems in the future. My mum was diagnosed as a diabetic three years ago and i don’t want to go there – as i have a tremendously sweet tooth.
I want to re-educate my brain with healthier food choices, so i may pass these on to my family. As children grow you can always rely on them for their honest opions! My daughter says mummy you have a big belly and your kneck is funny… she means no harm, just stating what she see me as.
When she went to her regular dance lesson recently the girls in her class said she looked fat. (7yr olds!) So i need to influence her with some healthier options – more fruit/veg less chocolate/cakes/sweets. Her dad is as skinny as a rake yet he plies her with these. Its a constant battle of whits with him and i am guilty of large portions.
So fingers crossed in roughly 6 months i hopefully will have made those life saving changes to my food choices a permanent measure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.