Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, LadyLinda, and welcome back! Yes, you can definitely have potatoes – they are in the “Carbohydrate” category, “Starchy Vegetable” subsection. Each serving of a vegetable is 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked. “Free” foods have their own category.
If you would like to get reacquainted with the Menu Planner application, please do take advantage of our video tutorial when you enter it.

ladylinda 8 years ago

Cannot find recipe for honey and mustard dressing can you please help or do I buy one from the shop?

ladylinda 8 years ago

I have come back joined 3years ago and so have no information and so need a bit of help cannot find anything on vegetables or free food how much is a serving of veg can we have potatoes and what are free.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Judy. I have passed that along to the tech development team. Thanks 🙂

judy4horses 8 years ago

I agree we definitely need a search button!
I spend a lot of time trawling through post from which I glean useful information but a search button would also mean often repeated questions could be avoided.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Mariguild. Actually, it’s “pastured,” referring to the animals grazing in a pasture on food that is more natural to them. The result is meat and poultry that are much healthier for humans, especially if organic (raised without excessive antibiotics and hormones, and with no pesticides on the grasses eaten.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Dimples. That all sounds fine.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Hobbins. Those are either specifications or recommendations (in the case of rice, we recommend brown, but white rice is a choice you can make). With regard to your physical activity, for each hour of mild-moderate exercise, add another snack (protein+carb minimum) and double that for very strenuous exercise.

mariguild 8 years ago

Could someone explain what pasteurized chicken is??

dimples4566 8 years ago

I just started and am having trouble figuring out how to get the snacks into my work schedule- being a teacher and classes all morning before lunch- can I eat more in the morning at breakfast and lunch and skip snack? Also what times of the day are we to eat? what is the latest we are to eat snack 3 if go to bed at 9pm sleep at 10? Thank you, dimples4566

Hobbins 8 years ago

Having a problem understanding the menu and recipes. where an item (say chicken) is followed by further qualifications, does this mean that all of them are required or are they a choice. Some of the items are very American and do not suit our British stores. E.g. Is it okay to use ordinary steak and fish? Can I please use white rice as i do not like the texture of brown rice? I like hot spicy curry nan bread and chappati, so can I include these in my diet? Also, although I am 73 I do alot of marshal arts and other exercise, so do I increase my intake accordingly? If so, by how much?

Support 8 years ago

Hi kmbjcarson,
Thanks for posting!
The message in step 1 appears when there is an invalid weight in your profile. Usually it happens when decimals or special characters are used in the height field. I have just checked your account and it seems that everything seems ok and the message is no longer appearing. If you continue to see this, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
Lastly, regarding the search function, this is definitely something we are looking to improve and we appreciate your suggestions!
Best 🙂

kmbjcarson 8 years ago

1)How do you input your height in your progress chart? There is an input box for weight and information that says “Please fill valid height” but no input box to put the number in. If you click on the instruction there is an error – 404-Not Found”

2)Why is there no search for the forum? That is pretty basic and expected functionality any forum to be truly useful especially if you want to see if someone else already asked for the information you are looking for.

Thanks so much for you help!!
Lilly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.