Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

If you are finding that there are many unfamiliar foods here, try just one or a few each week, then continue with them if they suit you. Same thing regarding the recipes, especially if you like cooking and experimenting. The important part is that you eat whole and unprocessed foods as much as possible – to save money, keep it simple.
If following a regimented ‘week’s plan’ is tough, just remember the following key principles:
1. Eating small amounts throughout the day is better than eating large meals just once or twice perday.
2. Whenever you eat, try to make it as “square” as possible, or at least “triangular” – a source of protein is especially important, plus a vegetable or fruit, and a carbohydrate.
3. Gradually cut back on portion sizes that you ate while you were overweight/gaining weight.
4. Every time you go to eat something, think “how can I make this even just a little bit better?” and each time, add improvements.
5. Again, unprocessed whole foods are best. If it is time consuming to avoid snack-type foods, choose a day each week where you have a bit more time and prepare things ahead of time and freeze.
6. Prepare only single portions for each meal, one for each person (some people, i.e. teenage boys might need two portions at a meal) – so that you only thaw enough for a sitting and you don’t overeat just because the extra is sitting in front of you.
7. Eat lightly at night, unless that is when you workout or work, then a snack before bed to avoid midnight eating.
8. Try to sneak in physical activity whenever the opportunity pops up – take the stairs, park far away (if you aren’t carrying anything heavy and it is during daylight hours), take walks for entertainment, etc.

Sprouted bread and wraps are available ready-made in health-oriented grocery stores, such as Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s. They can also be ordered online at http://www.foodforlife.com, and the flour from http://www.organicsproutedflour.net/. If you want to make your own products, you can follow any regular recipe.

DonnaLeffew 11 years ago

I agree with Anne. The formula/guideline would help in generalizing the information to develop your own menus.

shellycecil 11 years ago

I would like a recipe for the sprouted bread and wraps. Also a supplier for the flour.

petcaredays 11 years ago

I’m just starting out and find there are so many foods on here that are not familiar to me. Am I safe in choosing random recipes from the breakfast,lunch,dinner & snacks to satisfy my meal requirements? Following a regimented ‘week’s plan’ is tough in my house and way too expensive. Tks!

SWG stands for “sprouted whole grain”

rgoldsmith36@juno.com 11 years ago

please tell me what swg is. Thanks

Hi, KeepTrying. I have forwarded the request to the program’s support team.
In the meantime, hopefully you will find that the food lists have items that are universal for any western country. Additionally, there are definitely outlets in Australia, both online and “brick-and-mortar,” depending on where you live.
Australian Organic Food Directory (Australia)

Welcome

Links

Fundamental Food Store (Australia)

Fundies Landing Page

Stores and online shopping

Grass-Fed Meat in Australia (Australia)
http://www.paleoz.com/australia/grass-fed-meat-in-australia/
Links

Lifestyle Bakery (Australia)
http://www.lifestylebakery.com.au/
Online shopping; products available in stores

Australia approved sale of raw dairy products only in May, 2012 (starting with cheese). Stay tuned to the above Australia-specific links for the appearance of products, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

KeepTrying73 11 years ago

That breakdown would be a good help so I can substitue in Australia with relevant foods.

Hi, Anne. Have you tried the Menu Planner application (under Apps above). It will build your menus in the right proportions based on foods you like and choose.
I will, however, forward your request to our technical team.

Anne 11 years ago

Maybe I haven’t read through all the plan, but I need a breakdown that says: breakfast : protein, complex carb, fruit, etc….. or in a days time 5 proteins, 5 complex carbs, 2 dairys, etc…. i realize the combination is key. I have gone thru the 14 day menus and can’t figure out a pattern. If i dont have the specific thing in the sample menus, i need to know what to substitute. Help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.