Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Artifical sweeteners, processed soy, wheat bread that is not 100% whole grain, orange juice that is not 100% fresh-squeezed, and regular margarine.

vmanley1 11 years ago

Can anyone answer this for me I thought there where 5 foods never to eat.That is what got me into this.No I saw on food choices wheat and some soy.

LisaH 11 years ago

Hi Emar81,
Have you ever seen a thin Italian girl LOL!! They love to eat and they are amazing cooks!!!! Can I suggest that you quit eating pasta but replace it with rice noodles (any noodles made with rice flour)or whole wheat noodles, make your own sauces and use skim or 1% milk for your sauce base instead of creams or whole milks, make your own chinese food (it is fun to make). Most Chinese food has MSG in it which is very bad for you so making it at home cuts that out. If you like mushrooms, you can replace a regular beef burger with a grilled (skinless) chicken breast and top it with a thin slice of your favorite cheese, lettuce or spinach leaves and an apricot chutney sauce (I use about 2 tsp of
apricot or peach chutney and mix it with a little miracle whip dressing). Or you could try a grilled portabello mushroom with a thin slice of your favorite cheese (I like smoked gouda)with spinach leaves in a bun. This tastes delicious and is filling but so much better for you!
I am not much of a spice person so I can’t help you with mexican but perhaps substitute ground beef with ground chicken or turkey and use whole wheat pita bread or whole wheat soft tortilla bread instead.
I hope this helps a bit.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Welcome, we are happy to help. Hopefully you are being followed by a healthcare practitioner who understands you goals. What is the basis of the need to lose 45-50 lbs in 4 months? What is the specific connection here between the lack of a gallbladder and trouble losing weight (generally it is the opposite)?

EMart81 11 years ago

I’m a mother of six and need to loose 45-50 pounds by May 2013. I like itillian, mexican, some chinese, and american food. My main type of food that we eat in our home is mexican. I also have tyroid (hypo) and do not have a gallbladder which makes it nearly impossible to loose weight. HELP!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.