Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
fcavkeli 10 years ago

Thank you Sharon, for your advice, I was talking to her on Sat. when she visited Dad he told her to go workout with me, instead of sitting and doing nothing, so she always listens to him no matter what he says.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, fcavkeli. Are you having your daughter use this program? If you are using it, try sharing it with her – leading by example can be very important, especially with a child who is more dependent. The scheduling aspect can also be a big help, as can keeping most of the troublesome foods out of the house. Try to have her go grocery shopping with you so she can be involved in making the food choices. Don’t worry about it being perfect – just as long as it is better than before. If small improvements continue, they can really add up, with minimal stress.
I would suggest to give up on the diet soda, as it can actually increase cravings. Protein foods are better for fighting cravings -if she doesn’t like meats, perhaps eggs, nuts, and cheeses (especially if organic and even free-range or grass-fed) can be options. If she is craving carbs, try doing damage control – foods like organic popcorn are very high in fiber, as are sprouted breads. Try to rid the house of refined carbohydrate products, as they will just increase the cravings.
In the non-food arena, engaging the child with non-food-related hobbies, especially those that take a lot of concentration but are therapeutic (such as art) can stop some of the overeating.

fcavkeli 10 years ago

If anyone knows anything about what else to supplement with, right now I’m giving her specialized vitamin pack daily for Diabetes, essential minerals and vitamins. It’s very affordable and easy to track, I also got her glucose control from Himalaya.com,Indian herb supp.for Cardio, liver,digest,and mind,and immune system improvement, still no change with her weight. I’m loosing confidence with all of these products which they claim so much but it really boils down to stress and food control. In my youth, we never sat home in front of TV or Radio, nor PC’s cause non existed, we were always on trees gobbling up fruits, vegies use to grow in our backyards. No fertilizers and no pesticides to worry about,today we are so lazy to go do anything, even to cook good meals, ready made is the easiest way to feed ourselves. 10 min, grab,eat,satisfy your hunger.So what if there was a line of good foods already made to buy.Weight Watcher’s, Jenny Craig, or other ready made companies are still not using organic food sources.

fcavkeli 10 years ago

Ever since on synthroid she is kept getting fatter and fatter, she is going through so much stress and her comfort zone is sitting in front of her PC, and eating Pizza’s, and crunchy snacks, no cravings for fruits or vegetables. just carbs, I feed her from Trader Joe’s food choices, with organics mostly, but there is her favorite the individual small pizza’s she wants to have after school, she likes diet gingerale and other Mango Orange banana juice, she loves mango sorbet icecream, but no meats, so how do I change her diet and make her loose weight without dieting, she hates exercising, and not to know she is dieting, just change the foods combination. I give her Super Food shakes daily to ensure that she is getting proper nutrition for her essential greens and just ordered the DR.Steven Siskind’s The ultimate DHA&EPA for us both to fight inflammation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.