Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
CarolSnyder 10 years ago

I guess I should have mentioned that I do take thyroid medication. And my doctor has been pushing me to get with the program to live a healthy lifestyle. Step 1 start eating healthy. Step 2 get active. I’m working on both. Thank you so much for your support.

blessingcatcher 10 years ago

Hi, Carol. Yes, I, too, have metabolism (thyroid) issues. Have you checked with your dr and had some testing to see if you need some hormone replacement therapy (cream) or some thyroid meds? This diet is set up to rev up your metabolism, so you may be able to have success just by following the program. We all lose at different speeds, so don’t get discouraged if others lose more quickly than you. I am closer to goal, so I do well if I lose a pound a month. Others, who have more to lose seem to lose several pounds per month. Some, even several per week. And, yes, you will find that no matter what your issues are with losing weight, SOMEONE on this site is feeling the same way you are!! Or, at least, they HAVE felt that way before!! 😉 So, don’t feel alone!

CarolSnyder 10 years ago

I am 56 years old and when I was 32 I had a complete hysterectomy. My weight issues started slowly after that. It seems to me that my hormones – which control appetite, metabolism, and body composition won’t stable out for me. Like everyone else I have tried several diets and workout plans only to get discouraged when everyone around me was losing weight noticeably and I was losing at a rate of a turtle in a race. In the last 12 years I have all but given up and have gained about 10 pounds a year. How do I rev up my metabolism with this program?? Help. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.