Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Lori, and welcome. The program is generally based on principles of nutrition for diabetics. The best thing to do would be to use select foods in the Menu Plnner application according to our color-coding system, wherein the healthiest foods are listed in the lighter blue shades.

Lori525 6 years ago

Hi,I just joined this morning and I am a diabetic and is there a better meal plan to follow being a diabetic??

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, trishbett. Many restaurants have protein-fat-carbohydrate information online. You can get a sense of how they fit into exchanges by considering the respective values of the latter:
1 carb exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 3 grams of protein
1 protein exchange = 7 grams of protein + up to 5 grams of fat
1 fat exchange = 5 grams of fat
1 fruit exchange = 15 grams of carbohydrates
1 vegetable exchange = 5 grams of carbohydrates + up to 2 grams of protein
1 sweet exchange = up to 15 grams of carbohydrates + up to 5 grams of fat
1 free exchange = up to 5 grams of carbohydrates or up to 2 grams of protein or fat

trishbrett 6 years ago

Another question on eating out. How do I incorporate that into my daily/weekly allowances and is there a list I can refer to that will tell me the different exchanges from popular restaurants.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, trishbrett. You can see how many exchange your get by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu.
If you use the personal version of the Menu Planner application (the right-most option here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/menu-planner), you will see some of our recipes in the “Recipes” subcategory of each major food group. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal, by matching up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe with those allotted to you.

trishbrett 6 years ago

I am confused as how I would substitute one of the recipes into my menu. How many exchanges do I get for each meal and if the recipe is over the allowable exchange, can I take away from another meal/snack. Is there a way to add the recipe to my menu so I have the option to pick it when I want to change an option for that day so it automatically calculates into my allowances.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.