Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, sriddle50. The tech team is working on a calculator for the recipes, and recipes based on single or double servings will be posted soon.

sriddle50 11 years ago

i think i will enjoy this program, but it’s just my husband and I. The menu recipes servings are way too large for us. Is there a way to reduce the ingredients to make only a few servings? I’m not sure who reads this forum, so I’m asking here. I know I could do all the math myself, but some sites I’ve been on have a servings option.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The menu gives you a sort of framework for the amount of food and main combinations – basically, carbohydrate+protein with a fruit or vegetable at the main meals, and a carbohydrate+protein (carbohydrates may be represented by a fruit here) as snacks. You can use the food groups in the Menu Planner as a guide for which foods are interchangeable, an you can swap items from meal to meal – taking care to get a good amount of protein in the morning and eat most when you are most active (don’t save up for the end of the day unless that is when you work out).
Also, because the menu is just a frame, note that you can combine the foods in each meal however you want. For example, the 2 types of beans together make a health serving, which you can stir-fry with a minimal amount of olive oil and sliced free seasonings and vegetables.

louannegross 11 years ago

I need help with the menu planning….I keep getting disjointed meal plans where the foods don’t go together…for example it will say to have two types of beans for the same meal…how do you get good food combinations?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.