Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, nforsyth, and welcome. You don’t have to worry about products to which you don’t have ready access, i.e. can’t find in even a health-oriented shop. Cottage cheese is already good if you can find a pastured type, meaning the cows ate grass and other plants instead of grains. Even if you can’t get the best, you aren’t derailing anything. As long as you eat whole, unrefined foods and practice portion control, you are already benefiting greatly. As far as adjusting your menu according to your physical activity, you can definitely do that. We suggest 1 carbohydrate exchange + 1 protein exchange (e.g. a slice of bread and slice of cheese) for 20 minutes of moderate exercise.

nforsyth 9 years ago

Hi – I joined about a week ago and am still trying to wrap my head around the menu planning. I think was eating the right foods but not at the right times during the day with the exception of breads and dairy , I am still struggling with ramping up the portions of those to 2 or 3 portions more than I am use to. How much of a difference is there between a 1% cottage cheese I would get at my local grocery store and a 1% Cottage Cheese (raw)and if I am not able to have the raw products on hand am I totally derailing the meal plan? How do adjust the menu for activity, there are some days when I am more active than others – should I be altering the menu to accommodate. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.