Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
honbb65 6 years ago

I’m fairly new and not sure if I am in the correct forum but here goes. On my meal plan “1/2 cup red beans” does this mean open a can of red beans and get a 1/2 cup of plain beans and eat them? That just seems yucky. I see there is a bean salad recipe can I use a 1/2 cup of that instead?
Debbie

DHahn 6 years ago

Thanks for the infor. about kombucha. I have been drinking it for years so when it showed up on my shopping list requiring 5.5 lbs I was confused about what they were talking about. I expected it to be listed as so many oz.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, DHahn. That amount is fine. You can read more about kombucha here: https://www.trimdownclub.com/superfood-all-about-kombucha-tea/.

DHahn 6 years ago

I currently drink 6oz. of home made kombucha tea each morning. The menus that I printed call for a cup of kombucha so I wonder how the menue kombucha is made. Where do I find information on kombucha?

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Mark. The snacks follow a similar pattern, and are always a minimum of a protein-containing exchange.

marktbuchman 6 years ago

Hi,
I am new to the plan. I know the meals are based upon 1 carb+1veg/fruit+1 prot.
How are the snacks determined?
Mark

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Ana. Some items are in the lists to enable people to transition to a healthier lifestyle without throwing out what they have at home. However, there absolutely are some brands that are better than other. Whole Food’s 365 brand is generally a safe bet, as would be Trader Joe’s.

anabouchard 6 years ago

hi I am new to the site and on the menu it states “frozen pancakes and waffles.” well what brand is appropriate? or do I make them myself? since this is about no to little processing I would think frozen pancakes and waffles would be highly processed. please advise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.