Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the suggestion. I also think a men’s forum is a good idea.

Joe_in_NC 11 years ago

Signed up this past week. Downloaded all the Mp3’s and printed a 14 day “quick start” menu. Just got back from EarthFare (local health food super store) with all kinds of new items. What an incredible change this is going to be…

I truly wish there might be a “Men in Diet” forum, but I am more than willing to be a member of an all girls club if it means that I can get back my “girlish” figure. Honestly, I joined because I am very angry at my ability to be fat. I have never weighed as much as I do now, a tubby 200 pounds and only 5’10”.

I am a very experienced cook, not chef certified, but I can prepare some great dishes. I am a caregiver and have almost lost the time to take care of me. This stops today. I have invested in an opportunity to get back to feeling great. I am a member of a local health club but haven’t even attended in months. So, I have a lot of work to do. Both Nutrition and exercise.

I also agree with a need for a good shopping list if there is any way to manage this new venture. When I entered all of my food choices, what a great addition would have been a generated shopping list based on the foods I chose.

I love to eat and can not think of a food I would not eat. This weekend I am entertaining a Vegan family and have produced some great vegan recipes. I am looking forward to a bunch of vegan things including a Smokey Tempeh wrap with Avocado and Citrus Carrot Slaw. Here is my concern. On the database where you check off the foods you want or like, I checked everything! I did want want to be denied any great recipes, vegan or not. Yet, if I checked all the vegan dishes, might that override other dishes? I printed the 14-day meal plan and it has a lot of vegan choices. Since I checked off vegan, will the database produce vegan over a regular meal plan? Yes, I can go thru the meal plan and make changes because many foods are marked to allow a change, but does the database produce vegan meals as default when it is checked?

I sure hope the men in this club chose to communicate, but frankly the women are better communicators so I would look forward to some feminine intuition. I would welcome feedback and experienced comments to make this plan work great. I see that “Ossie” replies often. Looking forward to a good support team.

Many Thanks, Joe

p.s. Can’t believe I bought whole almonds, figs and dates. I truly deserve this…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.