Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Mrs. Moo. Yes, the intention is for you too eat everything listed – to keep your metabolism up and prevent hunger and binging, in addition to meeting your nutritional needs.

mrsmoo24 10 years ago

I’m curious to know if I eat all of the options listed for my between meal snacks. I am heavy (300lbs or so), so I have what looks to be too much to eat. Am I correct to think that I should eat all of what my menu says to eat?

Hi, Swedish Mom.
The portion of milk for the oatmeal is according to the classic instructions for preparing the amount of oatmeal indicated, as if substituting for water. You can either cook th eoats in the milk, or cook the oats in water and pour the milk on later.
Regarding the rest of your breakfast, you can either add the sour cream to the oatmeal, or mix it together with the pecans and/or fruit in a separate dish, or any combinations of the above (pecans and/or fruit in the oatmeal etc).
The list of foods in the Menu Planner is a framework of units for you to do with as you please.

Swedishmom 10 years ago

I’m a bit confused too. My first breakfast lists 2 tblsp. low fat sour cream, cooked oatmeal with milk..(how much milk and what kind?), pecans, and a fruit. Where does the sour cream fit into that menu? I know I can switch it out, but I just don’t understand why a choice more appropriate for breakfast wasn’t on the list to begin with.

Hi, dlmlite. The intention is for you to eat all the items in your menu. The list is just a framework, and users add their own seasonings and cooking methods to the foods, hopefully using the guidance posted on this site (under “My Downloads”). In the example you give here, you can make an open-faced sandwich with sliced fresh chicken and roasted peppers, and have roasted pumpkin with a teaspoon of melted butter or macadamia nut oil on the side or, in your case, swap out the pumpkin by using the swap button next to it in the menu – a bunch of alternatives will pop up. You can actually swap out any and all of the items at any meal.
In general, any orange/winter squash or sweet potato/yam can be a good substitute for pumpkin. If those are unavailable, sweet or organic corn is OK, too.

dlmlite 10 years ago

I am a bit confused with the menu planner. It gives me 4 things to eat for lunch but do I put them all together? 1 slice bread, 1/2 cup pumpkin,3 oz chicken, 1 cup green pepper. what do I do with these? Put it all on the bread? Was there supposed to be a recipe with it? Also my store did not have any pumpkin, fresh or canned what can I substitute?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.