Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, TodaysRBest. Yes, different ages sometimes have different needs, but this program is based primarily on people your age. We also encourage exercise in any condition, to compensate for the metabolic differences observed in aging – it is all about keeping basic muscle tone intact. For any other needed adjustments, I am here to help.
Cherill – I’ve got your back. If you find after several weeks that things are not working for you, post here again, and we will troubleshoot.

Cherill 10 years ago

I’m also concerned by the amount of food that my menu specifies. It seems like too much for someone 5’2″ though I do exercise regularly. I will try it and see what happens.

todaysrbest 10 years ago

We don’t have to eat the whole daily menu do we? Aren’t they just suggestions to choose from? A 60 year old shouldn’t be eating the same amount as a 25 year old active mother?? Am I right or wrong?

Hi, Rita. Sorry to read about your leg. What medication are you taking? Is it certain that it causes water and salt retention? Steroids?
Your snacks sound great, and hopefully you can continue with that. Cheese does tend to have quite a bit of salt, but some companies make low-salt cheeses.

Cajohn 10 years ago

I have been swopping the snacks Choosing the easy ones like chesse and mandarin to take with me and the others with vegs and wraps for home. There is quite a variety to choose from so i will continue.
Last night i took painkillers cause i had a sore leg and this morning the scales made me sad again so i think the pain killers have something in them that helps retain fluid and maybe salt.

What you listed as items you can bring are excellent – yogurt is basically like egg, according to your body.
If you are concerned that it is overall too much food, I would be happy to run some calculations for you. I just need a sample day from your menu planner (copy and paste), and a general estimate of your physical activity level.

rosebud13 10 years ago

Do to my work, I don’t have time to eat all the snacks, and I don’t have a caferteria, so all must be brought from home. I am able to eat like apples, nuts, yogurt but I can’t eat the egg for snack. It’s a lot of food in the 7.5 hours I work

Hi, Rosebud and Rita. What are the reasons that you can’t do all the meals/snacks?

rosebud13 10 years ago

Good morning, I also just started this weight lost program, and I am unable to do all the snacks. hopefully this will not hinder my weight lost. I had started to loose weight before I join, need a more stablize menu to balance me do to my high blood sugar.

Cajohn 10 years ago

Hi Mshelle
Rita here Malteser in melbourne.i’ve just started the diet too and i feel i can’t even eat all the meals.
I even started the gym yesterday water aerobics, let’s do this together and see where it takes us. I need to loose 10kg
Good luck
Rita

Hi, Mshelle, and welcome. Glad to read you are feeling well.
For healthy food shopping, try Good Earth (http://www.goodearth.com.mt/about.asp – two outlets) or Naturali (Brigitte Flat 1 Triq Il-Bergamott, Mosta). Another option is to order online.

Mshelle 10 years ago

Good morning. I am a single mother of four kids and I’ve been trying to loose weight for soooo long, I wish too loose approximately 10Kg. I am new to this diet, only started a week ago and most of the food is impossible to find on this island so I am basically replacing most with nuts :). I do not usually eat so much and most of the time I hardly eat so I am finding it rather difficult especially since I also work. But honestly I am feeling more comfortable and healthy. Thank you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.