Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, downtowndentista, and thanks for that information. Some people have reported temporary increases in blood cholesterol and triglycerides when losing weight, not from production, but rather due to release from fat tissues as they are burned off. Just to be sure – when you wrote that you don’t follow the plan 100%, what are the differences? Do you eat more starchy carbohydrates?

downtowndentista 4 years ago

My old diet included steaks, bacon or pork sausage almost daily and French fries, no salads. Now I’m eating more fish, less animal meat, more nuts,etc., almost have gone extreme in what I do and don’t eat. No, I have not followed my plan 100%, but much improved. Portions are a frienemy to me. I plan to re-evaluate.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, downtowndentista. Congratulations on your weight loss.
I am sorry to read about your laboratory results, and I am here to help however I can. First a couple of questions –
1. Other than being regimented, how do your current eating habits differ from before, when your laboratory results were better? How do the foods differ?
2. Are you following the menus as they appear in the system here? If not exactly, what are the differences?
Thanks.

downtowndentista 4 years ago

I really like this regimented eating program. I had been changing my diet prior to joining, so, until recently was dissatisfied with weight loss. In all fairness, until weather warmed up, hadn’t been able to exercise much. Started your program Feb. 12th,2019, Finally, found that I had lost 10-11 lbs. yesterday,4/13/2019. However, got real discouraged after getting my lipid panel results, from Medical Doctor. My triglycerides and Cholesterol values went up substantially, considering my last test 6+ months ago, which were taken with no effort, just medications. What do I need to do with my food plan?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.