Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
library 11 years ago

hi to marius, my name is Clive i try every thing to keep in shape i like the idea of the menu planner, how did you find it?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

It looks like you have a great handle on the math and how you need to adjust your intake according to exercise. However, you really do need more carbs on the days that you don’t work out, 200 g/day instead of 135 g/day – all the carb numbers constitute less than 50% of your calories from carbs, which is low (as we would recommend for diabetics). Carbs in the evening is good for you to wake up with energy, it is best to combine with a protein to optimize the metabolism.

Marius 11 years ago

Thanks for the answer, looks like that i have to reduce my protein a bit, maybe more than a bit 🙂 however, todays numbers are different, i didnt have any workout so numbers are 1800kal, 135 carbs, 150 protein, 78 fat.. So I assume thats how its suppose to be on non-workingout days? 300 g/day carbs seems a lot, than i have to eat much more, grains based food, since it has most of it.. thing is that i been training for 11 days straight + work and didnt have any problems with energy whatsoever cunsuming 150 carbs per day.. Do i have to consume carbs in the evening also? i mean if i want to have snack late after dinner? So im guessing on my workout days my numbers should be around this: 2200-2500kal, 250-300g carbs, 150-170g protein and 70-80g of fat?

Hi, Marius. You don’t have to make the recipes – just choose the whole foods. Some of these are nearly ready-made (cheeses, nuts, fruits, vegetables, yogurt, etc.). Coconut oil is in the menu planner – your are right, there are some advantages, but limiting the amount is indeed key for health and weight management. The calories you are currently consuming are probably just about right, but the protein is a bit too much – more than twice the maximum of what would even be considered healthy. Since carbs are necessary for the healthy processing of fat, we would recommend upping the daily among to about 295 gm/day. The fat/oil amount of 100 g/day is just a little bit high – we would suggest limiting it to a maximum of around 80 gm/day at your current overall intake level. With these modifications, your overall energy intake will remain the same.

Hi, Marius. You don’t have to make the recipes – just choose the whole foods. Some of these are nearly ready-made (cheeses, nuts, fruits, vegetables, yogurt, etc.). Coconut oil is in the menu planner – your are right, there are some advantages, but limiting the amount is indeed key for health and weight management. The calories you are currently consuming are probably just about right, but the protein is a bit too much – more than twice the maximum of what would even be considered healthy. Since carbs are necessary for the healthy processing of fat, we would recommend upping the daily among to about 295 gm/day. The fat/oil amount of 100 g/day is just a little bit high – we would suggest limiting it to a maximum of around 80 gm/day at your current overall intake level. With these modifications, your overall energy intake will remain the same.

Marius 11 years ago

I’ve finished with Menu Planner, unfortunately there are some meals, that takes too much time or requires certain ingredients which is hard to get in my case. But I’ll do my best! I’ve done a lot of reading lately, about health, diets and food.. First of, I like coconut oil, I use it everywhere, specially for cooking, I know that its pure saturated fat, but in this case its good fat since mainly its lauric acid, in a addition to that it actually helps to get rid of fat. Second I found numbers daily: I consume approx 2500cal, 250g protein, 150 carbs, 100g of oil (good oil), so in order to loose fat, I have to get less calories than 2500 right, im not sure about that protein-to-carb ratio, since in my case it would be way too much isn’t? I think most important is to have that ratio before intense workout. Anyway, its only my thoughts based on articles ive been reading. I’m into numbers, i believe that math is answer to most problems, including loosing fat, even though it is complicated to combine and convert food, consumption and energy into numbers.

It sounds like the Trim Down Club is for you! You just enter in your height, weight, and weight goals, and you can choose the foods you want, and the proper amounts of protein, carbs, and fats will be factored in automatically. The protein-to-carb ratio is basically 1 to 3 grams (1 to 1.5 exchanges), and the fat percent of the diet is around 20%, which is considered quite low (even lower than that recommended for high cholesterol). We recommend eating 5-6 times per day, and the portions are calculated in (you can see when you go through the Menu Planner application or in the 14-Day sample plan in the Downloads area above) – you can also switch them around according to your preferences and workout schedule so that you eat most when you are most active. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post here.

Marius 11 years ago

I’m new here, so I have some questions, but first about me. I’m 26, 5ft 11in, 172 pounds. As I just discovered I have 17% fat which i want to reduce to at least 10%, but at the same time I want to get in shape, who doesn’t right? I have two basketball practices a week + 1 game a week, on top of that, Ive started weightlifting 2-3 times a week, to get more muscle mass, so basically i have total 5-7 workouts a week. And forgot to mention that I’m a carpenter, so its physical work 8 hours every day. My question is, if i follow Trimdownclub, will I still loose fat and gain muscle? Cause, what I think, I need a bit more than that to see any results, since i use much more energy than normal. In addition to that, I use supplements like Gold Whey 100% protein, fish oil, vitamins, purely greens and trying to eat healthy, at least started two weeks ago, when i’ve discovered my body fat 🙂 I wonder, how much carbs, protein and fat (good fat) i need daily? I eat 5 times a day, what size of portions it should be? thanks in advance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.