Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, FloridaGirl. We are currently upgrading the recipes to provide this information. In the meantime, note that the pattern for your MenuPlanner is already based on diabetic dietary principles, since one of the guiding principles of the program is to balance glucose and insulin.

floridagirl 11 years ago

Hi everyone! I am new to the program and I would like to see the nutritional count on the recipes. I am diabetic so I need to see sugars and carbs. Protein count is also good since I am vegetarian. Good luck to everyone. I keep a pot of vegetable soup on hand for fill-ins and when I don’t feel like cooking. Mushrooms are great sauted with fresh herbs. I also add flaxseed oil to my soup when eating it. Hope this helps someone and I am looking for suggestions that are easy and tastee!

Sounds like a great plan, but if you want to eat what your husband is eating, you can definitely do that on the Trim Down Club plan – it’s all in the meat selection and cooking method.

ARocky 11 years ago

Something I did to help was make one meal they recommended and one type of beans for the week (my husband isn’t thrilled about the exorbitant amount veggies and strange spices, he likes his meat, potatoes, and plain veggies) and I’ll make either a large amount of oatmeal or granola to last the week for breakfast. If the recipe is large enough, I’ll eat it for a few lunches as well. Hope this helps

While you have leftovers, feel free to refrigerate or freeze them for later use on another day – just slip them into your day in place of other foods from the same group.
in the future, I suggest to build each week’s menus choosing only the minimum number of items from each group at each meal, so that there is more repetition of foods throughout the week – perhaps that will help.

prssrp 11 years ago

I am fairly new to this and have tried to follow the first menu plan. I am struggling a little bit with all of the left over food. I am single and have no children. One of my recipes served 8 – 16. At no time during the week, do you eat the leftovers. What do you do with them? Are the ever incorporated into the menu plans?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.