Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

There are many good gluten-free products becoming available! My two cents would be to get them at a health-oriented store so you get more than a gimmick.

erinshakoor 11 years ago

Until recently I believed I was lactose intolerant for the last four years. And after a TON of research on gluten, I learned that many who have “lactose intolerance” are actually experiencing an intestinal response to lactase after or while digesting gluten. Gluten alters Villi, which after altered can not breakdown the dairy sugars [lactase],causing bloating, gas, and more. So mac & cheese, a cheeseburger or panini will create huge problems. I switched to gluten-free bread, crackers, etc.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

In the case of any food intolerance, it is absolutely possible and recommended to swap out items accoringly. There are several different types of lactose-free milks in the planner (just be sure to buy those fortified with calcium), and other forms of protein and calcium sources, i.e. eggs, nuts, seeds.
On another note, if you really like dairy, perhaps you can try a lactase supplement before eating.

Leialoha 11 years ago

I noticed that alot of the breakfast menus contain cheese and I am lactose intolerant. How can I adjust the recipes to meet my needs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.