Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Socalbiologist. The following are some popular, keto-appropriate, nutritious foods that can be eaten alone or in balanced combinations, and which can be prepared and packed up quickly at home, then taken on the road. Many can also be found in convenience stores.
• Fresh cut raw non-starchy vegetables
• Fresh cut avocado or coconut, or dried unsweetened coconut strips
• Non-starchy vegetable “chips” prepared with oil and/or added cheese
• Olives
• Nuts
• Seeds
• Trail mix combinations of nuts, seeds, and coconut
• Sandwiches with keto breads or wraps with lettuce leaves – with nut butters, avocado, hummus, tahini, canned or smoked fish, cheese, “cold cuts” from fresh meats, egg salad, etc.
• Paleo or keto crackers plus any of the above
• Hard-boiled eggs
• Sliced or string cheese
• Full-fat cottage or ricotta cheese
• Full-fat yogurt (plain, sweetened with no-carbohydrate options like Stevia/erythritol, and flavoured with extracts like vanilla)
• Whole milk or cream (dairy or coconut), plain or flavored with cocoa or vanilla extract + Stevia
• Hearty soup in an insulated container (with meat/substitute plus non-starchy vegetables)
• Hearty smoothie in a bottle (with non-starchy vegetables, whole milk or cream, nuts, seeds)
• Keto or Paleo cereal or granola (cold in small sealable bag, or cooked in thermos)
• Beef or turkey jerky – preferably pastured
• Canned chicken or fish (tuna in canola or olive oil, sardines, mackerel, etc.)
• Prepared healthy foods in containers – from leftovers or prepared the night or weekend before.

Socalbiologist 3 years ago

So I’ve been wanting to do the keto plan but I’m traveling for work, working in remote areas and have no way to refrigerator things, what do I eat?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.