Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, alisongray. The tech team is working on the app problem as we speak. Sincerely apologies.
In the meantime, the guides are still downloadable, and the articles are accessible.

alisongray 10 years ago

I signed up to this a couple of days ago and cannot get started properly until I can finish my menu planner. I’m desperate to do this but unfortunately this doesn’t seem to be working just now. I’ve tried just about every diet going, including pills, but always seem to gain when I stop. At just turned 47 I feel like weight is starting to gain around my middle and hope to god this will prevent it!! Can’t wait to get started.

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

Sarah , did you find anyone to encourage you? I’ve started a group just specifically for that reason. It’s called Talking ,Cooking,Nana’s and Women!!! and a few men!! There are quotes of encouragement and jokes and some pretty terrific women and men who would love to talk and encourage you and be encouraged by you. I’ve lost 11 lb in one month and one week. I LOVE this program. Never hungry and such healthy food!! I look forward to getting to know you. Debbie Hayes Johnson

Hi, Sue, and welcome. The easiest way is to go over the main Program Guide and then use the video guide in the Menu Planner application. When selecting your foods, I suggest to choose foods you already have at home (you will still benefit from the portion sizes, food combinations, and scheduling in the menus as is), then gradually upgrade to healthier versions and even try new healthy (lightest blue) items once in a while. Remember to focus on whole, fresh foods instead of processed, and you’re most of the way there!

suedavenport 10 years ago

Well I am new to this so want to be in control of my eating! This diet has given me hope made some changes , started yesterday but finding it difficult to set up menu and know what I am doing HELP

Georgie12 10 years ago

I just completed the menu plan and I’m glad I took notes. The program looks reasonable although I will have to look up what some of these foods are. I don’t eat soy products anymore. But I don’t think that will be an issue. So, tomorrow I shop, and I’m excited!

Ann

donnasimpson 10 years ago

hi i am new to this programme mum of 2 42yrs old from england. i have done my best for my 1st week considering i tried to start without all the ingredients. fit quite alot round family regarding recipes i have tried. weigh day monday fingers crossed.

Hi, CaseyGirl and welcome. The food combinations are really very simple, as you noted: it is best to have a source of protein with a carb at every meal, though a snack of a piece of whole fruit here and there is fine. This is the most important element, and my only focusing on this basic concept, it is easier to manage your eating long-term – anything more complicated can rarely be sustained.
The exchanges to which people are referring can be viewed by clicking on “View Exchanges” to the right of your menu. These are very similar to those of the American Diabetes Association, i.e. 1 carb is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup of pasta, 1 fruit is about 100 grams, protein is 1 ounce of meat or an egg, etc.

caseygirl 10 years ago

Hi, I just purchased the program and am feeling really overwhelmed. I read the quickstart and skimmed the complete program but I feel like I am missing some key information. I am still not clear on exactly how to combine foods to create the greatest weight lost. All I read was combine a carb with a protein. Is that for every meal? Aslo I read some people posting something about exchanges. What is all that about? Thanks for any input you have in advance.

ShopGirl51 10 years ago

I’m new as well. I just purchased/downloaded the program yesterday; and like you, SarahRose, I’m in information overload, but really anxious to get started.

I’m in my early 60s, and as I age, I find myself turning into my mother, with all my extra weight right around the middle. And, also like you, everything I’ve tried in the past either failed or I FAILED in making the LIFEstyle change and keeping it off.

But today I am very encouraged and hopeful! I tried a few new things yesterday, just with what I already had on hand — and I lost 1.2 pounds! Now maybe that’s just a fluke; but I prefer to believe it’s a start!

tesshess 10 years ago

New too. Just love the idea of the eating clean.Have had some energy issues and have been researching nutrition.Interested in getting away from processed foods and giving up dairy because I believe it does cause me some GI greif, not that I ingest much dairy but I haven’t stayed away from cheese/milk. Planning to do so now.

Hi, SarahRose. Try the following three forum topics under Nutrition and Diet:
– 2013 Newbies (several are already not really “Newbies”)
– Tips, Tricks, Recipes and Encouragement
– Success stories? Anyone care to share?

SarahRose 10 years ago

I have been looking for something that would give me new hope about getting healthy and taking better care of myself for sometime. Have lost weight fairly recently (taking out a foodgroup – slap wrists!) but it almost all back on and I feel like I am facing a mountain again!!

This plan really does seem to tick all the boxes and looks realistic, sensible and supportive – oh lets hope that proves to be the case! It’s WAYYY past my bedtime but I’ve been reading and reading and so keen to get to grips with the fundamentals so I can start tomorrow!

I’d love to connect here with any female 40ish working Mums… but could do with any encouragement to be honest!! Couldn’t find any people who have been on the programme for months and are running with it and pleased with progress – no doubt I haven’t been looking in the right places?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.