Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
jsingle 10 years ago

I am new as of last week as well. Hopped on the scale today and lost 1 pound! I’m so excited! Sounds silly to be excited about 1 pound but I keep reminding myself that a journey of a thousand steps begins with one and that the name of the game with the Trim Down Club approach is to loose slowly and steadily. I’m not fooling myself that this will be easy. I know this will be tough at times and I will be tempted to go back to my old ways but I’m trying to approach this by thinking about it as weaning myself off sugary, flour based and processed foods. This is where I struggle the most, I have a terrible sweet tooth that I’m looking to cure once and for all. Good luck to all!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, MaryBates. First, congratulations on your loss. Second, a couple of things may be happening.
– because you exercise, you may be trading some fat for muscle, which is heavier but healthier; check to see how you are looking and feeling, and if your clothes fit a bit differently.
– you may have hit a plateau, which is generally temporary; try spicing up your exercise to work some new muscles (if if just temporarily), and/or add a few bursts of high-intensity exercise – for example, throw in a 30 second jog here and there in your walk. You may also wish to try dividing up your workout, i.e. 15-20 minutes in 2 times a day.

marysbates 10 years ago

Dropped four lbs initially, but now can’t seem to go further. I have been trying follow the diet, but can’t drop any additional weight. I have also been walking for 30 minutes daily. Any suggestions?

marysbates 10 years ago

I started the program on Monday. I love the suggested menu it has been easy to follow. I shopped at one our health food stores and it had many of the items on the menu. I have already dropped 2 lbs. I am hoping for 5-10 more before I take a cruise at the end of March.
I am a prayer warrior and will pray for anyone who is also trying to loose some weight. (10 lbs is my goal). Just let me know and I will include you in my daily prayer time.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Ruby. If you have been on restrictive diets in the past, your body needs a little time to get back to a normal metabolic rate. You can jump-start it by making small changes in your physical fitness to work new muscles, or add a few 30-second bursts of intense exercise (i.e. jogging here and there during a walk).

Butterflykris 10 years ago

Your weight changes daily. Try to weigh yourself once a week an the same day and same time. If you keep a record of what you eat, look at sodium intake, are you drinking enough water, are you eating processed foods…

Rubytwoshoes 10 years ago

well, I don’t know what I did wrong, but I GAINED 2.5# since Wed.(this is saturday. Kind of discouraged.What should I do?

LourdesG 10 years ago

Never felt so great and ready for my next day I continue to loose weight without much
Sacrifice, this new way of eating just helps all around, my diabetis, enthusiasm, energy, etc..
Go for it!!!

carolynlash 10 years ago

Congratulations on your great start! I just joined today and need to go to the store so I can get started! Best wishes to you!

Carolyn

LourdesG 10 years ago

I’m soooo happy already lost 4 lbs . Initially diet was kind of hard but got into the swing of it by Tuesday.
Feeling great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.