Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Birdie 11 years ago

Hi I live in UK Just off to waitrose to see what they have my mum has been on a similar diet this diet was prescribed by her consultant and she has lost nearly 3 stone and she eats really well.she has to stick to a fat limit but much of what she is eating is the same as trimdown suggest.So im going to follow my menu as best I can and see what happens it can only be good thing, I want to loose 4 stone would love to keep in contact with anyone else in the uk who is doing this as many of the foods in the menu are not what im used to using , all very exciting !!!

cjjc600 11 years ago

Hi Minx
I to live in the uk and also a new starter to the plan by one week. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there’s a FAQS tab, i found alot of information there. I to have yet to get some Stevia – i looked in my local supermarket(Asda) and they had lots of Stevia products and i was alittle overwhelmed. So i didn’t bother!
When i get a day off i think a trip to somewhere like Holland and Barretts is called for. To find it in its natural form. I don’t like sweetners because of the side effects caused such as headaches and even cancers.
When you go through the menu planner and it creates your menu, there is an option on the side to edit/update it. if you click on this you can change the amount of preparation and variety of menu to suit you. I have struggled with eating breakfast as i have skipped this for years and sometimes even lunch – just eating too much teatimes and evenings!
Good luck – I have 4 stone to loose and my aim is to do this by summer! So far i have put on weight rather than loosing it but i think this is due to the ‘time of the month’ and the amount of cups of tea i consume with one sugar daily. HOWEVER i have not lost interest as i find completing the daily diary keeps me focused. I just having cut out crisps, cakes, chocolate, biscuits and eating more fruit and veg i feel much better and not so sluggish.
All the best Caroline (cjjc600)

Minx 11 years ago

I have just listened to the initial tutorial and then the menu planner–HELP!! Most of the foods listed I have honestly never even heard of–what is spelt bread. I only ever have two slices of Multi grain bread per day and I will eat porridge. However I have fibromyalgia and I sleep a lot have very little energy so the preparation seems like a mammoth task at present but I really do want to lose weight. Does anyone else have similar problems and if so how have you coped? I live in the uk and am wondering if this plan originates in another country? Where would I get Stevia syrup? Would love to hear from anyone with any ideas. Many thanks Minx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.