Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Nanapapyll13 1 year ago

i would like to know what kind of salad dressing i should buy

JAGR 1 year ago

is there some type of carb or calorie exchange. Keep seeing that but no calories on the recipes

Mghnurseok1 1 year ago

Are Adkins meal bars permitted for a on the go meal

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, Rhonda12and12, and welcome. You have come o the right place, as our program is based on principles of glucose control, as well as sustainable weight loss. We wish you much health and success here and in your chemo treatments, and are happy to help however we can.

Rhonda12and12 2 years ago

I’m new to this. A little overwhelmed. I am doing chemo and ironically, my medication gave me borderline high sugar. So I’m going to try to tackle this naturally without insulin treatments. I bought a kit so that I can track my sugar throughout the day. My highest number seems to be in the morning.
My goal is lose 30lbs.

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, Joro18. I forwarded your question to tech support. Someone will get back to you soon.

Joro18 2 years ago

Is there a way to generate the shopping list for only some of the meals. There are things I won’t eat on my daily plan

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, Diabeticqueen2022. Preparing ahead is an excellent idea. Attached are some additional ones:
•Fresh and dried fruit
•Cut raw vegetables (free: Arugula, Broccoli, Broccoli rabe/raab, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Radishes, Spinach, Sprouts, Watercress, Zucchini
•Oven-baked vegetable chips
•Nuts and seeds
•Trail mix combinations of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
•Sandwiches – good breads with nut butters, hummus and similar spreads, tahini, canned or smoked fish, cheese, homemade “cold cuts” from fresh meats, egg salad, etc.
•Whole grain or Paleo crackers plus any of the above
•Hard-boiled eggs
•Sliced or string cheese
•Cottage cheese
•Yogurt
•Milk (dairy or vegetal), plain or flavored with cocoa powder and a recommended sweetener
•Hearty soup in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. meat or legume, vegetable, whole grain)
•Hearty smoothie/shake in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. fruit/vegetable, dairy/vegan, seeds)
•Edamame or other legume/pulse snacks
•Whole grain or Paleo cereal or granola (cold in small sealable bag, cooked in thermos)
•Canned beans
•Prepared healthy foods in containers – from leftovers or prepared the night or weekend before.
•Homemade whole-food muffins or bars
•Popped grains, i.e. organic popcorn, sorghum, quinoa

Diabeticqueen2022 2 years ago

Just getting started….a bit overwhelmed. Not alot of time for cooking….I am more of a grab it and go eater.But maybe I can prep ahead!

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, SandySandy, and welcome back! I am indeed crossing my fingers for you, and am happy to help however I can.

SandySandy 2 years ago

Hi Ossie –
I’m back and hope to be successful this time. I took your advice and started with IF but I add a yoghurt for breakfast. The food during the day is less, so I’m managing much better. Cross your fingers for me please!!
Sandy

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, Jaltman1. Yes, of course.

Jaltman1 2 years ago

I just started this plan today. I am heading to the grocery store tomorrow. May I follow say Sunday’s meal plan and duplicate it for entire week or do I have to follow each days plan ( Mon, Tues, Wed etc etc plan for the week?

Jaltman1 2 years ago

Can I follow the same meal day for the entire week

Ossie-Sharon 2 years ago

Hi, Raeo. I’m sorry to read of your troubles, and am ready to help however I can. Do you have specific questions or concerns? If not, I will start with mine:
– Have you been on weight loss plans in the past? What were the obstacles?
– I see that you generated some menus here. Have you had a chance to try them out? If so, how is it going? If they don’t suit you, I can work with you toward a better fit.
– If you have diabetes, be sure to keep it well-controlled to support healing of the cellulitis. Adequate protein is also important. Note that our plans are low in carbohydrates for glucose control and high in protein.
-If there’s something specific on your mind, please do repost here, and I will get back to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.