Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
leahbethke 9 years ago

Hi Kim, I also have just started and altho I am accustomed to right and wrong food to eat, I have and tendency to over eat, mostly because I feel hungry a lot. I find the 6 meals a day are really helping adjust to this whole diet thing. I an also found myself changing some of the foods on my menu they have planned out for me, just because I cannot afford some of the items on my food list. That is ok, mostly it is how you want to handle some of these things like the Artichokes, and some other things. Fruit and Veggies are great, I love them, so I am good with this,but I like to eat like I said, that is why I chose this diet to help me out. Good luck, I know you can do it, I am sure trying.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Kim, and welcome! Just ease into the program – you don’t have to be perfect, and certainly not jump in head first. There are a fair number of Clubmembers who work nights, and they have found that just assigning the meals and snacks to the different times works – for example, breakfast whenever you wake up, snack 2 hours later, lunch around midnight, etc… then your final snack an hour or two before you retire for your longest sleep period. If it isn’t appropriate for your to be eating food at your post, then you can take with you thermoses full of hearty shakes and soups to sip during your shift. We have many great recipes in our Recipe section (link above). I also suggest you enter the Groups section of the site (link above), and see if there are some groups that can hook you up with the “right” people. You can post nutritional questions here, and I will get back to you. For tech support, click on the “Contact Us” link below.

kimwooly 9 years ago

Hi my name is Kim and I have just started this journey, feeling a little nervous! I work night shifts as a midwife and I think this is where the problem lies. Starving and eating junk on nights. Does anybody else do nights that could help me with the timing of when to eat, thanks Kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.