Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The individual portion sizes are the same, but the numbers of portions change per gender, weight, and weight goal (and of course, activity level) – so instead of 1 portion of 1/2 cup of rice at a meal, an active tall person would be given 2 portions of 1/2 cup for a whole cup for the meal.
Definitely ease into the plan! Gradual is the secret to success in any major change, especially nutrition and weight loss.
As for easy shopping, we suggest that you try choosing the minimum amount of foods each week you go through the menu planner.

Sarah 11 years ago

I too am familiarizing myself with the website and mealplans and had a question about the portions. Are they the same for everyone, regardless of weight? Also, I think I’m going to have to ease into this since most of those items are on the more expensive side and I basically need to reconfigure my pantry. Do you have any suggestions for perhaps grouping like items into the same week (so that menus would be pulled from a smaller, similar list of foods, at least at first)? My husband is in Grad school and we are on a tighter budget and I’m just trying to figure out the best way to follow this program, but not break the bank. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The meals seem huge, but the portions are small. The main questions are, how do they compare to how you ate when you gained weight? Do you feel well fed after the meal, or is it difficult to finish? We recommend you eat all the items listed, because we do not want you to be hungry, but if it is really too much, make a note and cut back on carbs and fats, keeping in mind that proteins, fruits, and vegetables are important – any fruits, whatever is in season (but a variety is important). Even better than cutting back would be exercising, of course.

Launa 11 years ago

I’m just familiarizing myself with the website and started with the menu planner. It seems like the meals are huge. Are we supposed to eat everything each meal, or pick a couple from the suggestions. Also, is it okay to substitute the fruits in the menu for fruits that are in season? Will any fruit be fine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.