Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Celadia 5 years ago

Sandals, I’m so happy you enjoyed. Good weight loss to you, too.

Sandals41 5 years ago

Celadia, I made a half batch of your soup tweaking it without macaroni, using low sodium broth, and eliminating the dry soup mix. It’s really really really good and a cup of it for my afternoon snack is perfect! Hope you’re doing well on your weight loss journey!

Celadia 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Sandals. Thanks for all of your great input. Even if people don’t participate here, many are likely reading your posts and for sure being comforted and inspired. 🙂

Sandals41 5 years ago

O.S., you are the pro, for sure. I never would have thought to suggest an alternative to macaroni and a salty soup! 🙂 All I know is “clean!” It sounds stupid to join TDC and not follow the food plan but, eating right wasn’t my problem! It was eating large portions and not exercising so, in just one day I’ve dropped a pound! It’s a good thing being accountable for what I eat and exercising as I should. I’m just miffed as to why there aren’t more folks chatting in the forums each day.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Celadia. I agree with Sandals here (thanks, Sandals!). If you are missing the soup mix, I recommend using miso paste (a bit salty, but with many, many health benefits) and herbs+spices. If you are really missing the macaroni, try a whole grain or legume type (avoid white/refined).

Sandals41 5 years ago

Celadia, this sounds like a great recipe but, I’d probably use low sodium broth, leave out the soup mix (too much salt), and skip the macaroni. I’m going to make it with a 28 oz can of Great Value (Walmart brand) Petite diced tomatoes, which has only 30 grams of sodium. A half cup serving would be about 50 calories and 5 carbs. Great for a mid-afternoon snack.

Celadia 5 years ago

This is a recipe for tomatoe soup I use, can I still make it? Would I have to get rid of the canned tomatoes and perhaps use fresh? What about the broth? Make my own?

1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon butter
2 onions, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1⁄2 cup celery leaves, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cubed
8 cups beef broth
2 teaspoons onion soup mix
1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1⁄2 cup macaroni, uncooked
salt and pepper

Directions

Heat oil and butter.
Add onion,carrots, celery and celery leaves and sauté until softened.
Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix and beef broth.
Simmer for 45 minutes; add macaroni and cook on Low until pasta is cooked(app 30 minutes.).
Taste and add salt and pepper.

Submit a Correction

my private notes
Add a Note
Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch more

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.