Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Deborah and welcome. We would be glad to read about the “and more”. What additional changes are you finding to be necessary?

Deborahdvs49 11 years ago

I am new to this program as of today and I agree with all that was said and more. It just doesn’t seem all pulled together well. I hope there are some changes on the way.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, there.
1. I have forwarded your request for a basic plan onto our development team
2. When the program refers to a combination of foods, it is in reference to a certain ratio of carbs to proteins to fats and fibers. As for the orphan items(i.e. 1 tsp. pesto in the middle of nowhere), I will forward this issue on to the tech support team. The stuffing is a source of carbs and vegetables, and the navy beans are fiber and protein; so you can have a slice of bread with the soup, and throw in some extra vegetables and beans into the soup if you are trying to cut back the numbers of individual foods.
3. Absolutely – just be sure to match up the food groups (for example, cheese/meat or pasta/rice, etc.
I will forward your suggestion regarding export to a spreadsheet.

sgriffin 11 years ago

Question #1 Is there a basic plan or outline I can follow to create menus in conjunction with the menu planner. (Such as 1 protein, 1 carb, and 1 fruit for breakfast. My wife and I both did separate meal plans and we want to combine them into one menu that will see us cooking separate meals as few times as possible in a week. With a basic plan we can make sure we’re still on track, for example when we eat one of each others meals.
Question #2 What is the exact combinations of foods that you say will burn fat? Some meals the planner has listed 6 or 7 different things for one meal and some things seem random and don’t go together, for example 1 tablespoon of tomato spread or 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce with nothing for it to go with it also, one meal suggests 1/2 cup of stuffing, 1/2 cup butternut mung bean soup and 1/2 cup of navy beans – is the stuffing necessary, can you have a cup of the soup and skip the navy beans? Are all items necessary or can you skip some of them them. If you provide a basic plan we can make these sorts of decisions in creating our household menu.

Question #3 When snacks or lunches list 6 or 7 items in small portions can you just eat 3 of the items and double the portions? Again, a basic plan would help us make these sorts of decisions in creating our household menu.

My wife and I are professional chefs and cooking instructors. We believe that your program is good but is missing the basic information of how these combinations of food items were constructed along with rationale so we can make appropriate substitutions without changing the outcome and preparing 8 different items every meal to satisfy both of our meal plans.

Also, you should make a menu plan exportable to Microsoft Excell to help with organization of household menu.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.