Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, cecestansell. The program is overall low in carbohydrates, but there is some room for reduction in your case. If you change the weight in your profile to 191 pounds, you will get a bit less. You can also just cut the starchy carbohydrate portions in half. Also, physical activity plays a major role. If you would like some guidance there, please repost.

cecestansell43 5 years ago

I have been on the diet for 2 weeks following their menu planner. Have only lost 2 lbs so far. My doctor wants me to have low carb diet. I am wondering if my plans have too many carbs in them?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Judy. Use the personal version of the Menu Planner menu-building application to use up the foods you have. You can access it by clicking on the “My Food Choices” (apple) icon in the toolbar above your menu. Once there, you can select what you have, and the program will arrange them in appropriate portions per meal and day. You can repeat meals and days as often as you wish.

judymart 6 years ago

Hi, new here just joined tonight. Not as untechie however, am vintage *70 yr young* lol. There is lots and lots of materials to go over. 32 yr ago in Feb when we married I told hubby I already did my cooking when kids were at home, thus if we marry he would cook and I would do yardwork. Fast forward now I have many health limitations main being standing and the heat over 70 degrees to hot for my MS. Yes, we both need to lose weight however, I’m going as much for healthy as anything. However, second and major conceration-budget- must use up things we already have and been gone a month thus pantry looks like I’m stocked for a world famine. What is a reasonable expectation considering-substitues to use up foods and not cooking EVERY MEAL and thus plan indicated ( and yes I know you get what you put into it lol). We are just going to have to pace ourselves (a surprise for him in am as he is in bed already lol). Oh well after this long he is always ready for one on my surprises like the day I can home with white, teal and amesyth hair.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, betcat. I’m glad to read that it’s working out for you, and wish you continued success. We are happy to help however we can.

betcat 6 years ago

I’m new the this program and am not very good a finding my way around new computer programs. I joined a week ago Wednesday and had a lot of trouble navigating a new system. Slowly I’m learning. at first I printed out daily menues and could not find the material, now I have printed off some of it. They have been very helpful. I had already bought food for most of the month and had to use what I had so I have not been perfect. The first 3 days were trying but I lost .4 lb. I’ve waiting more than a week to record my weight this time, I lost 2.4 lb.. I was not hungry or felt sorry for myself or deprived. I did the best I could with what I had and it worked. Some of the food I did not have or ever heard of so I’ll have to try it later. I’ll keep going. I have tried so many diets over my 75 years. All have worked but could not stay with most of them for very long. I have battled my weight all my life. Topping out at 250 lb. yo-yoing up and down losing 50lbs several times. I even made up a diet where I ate only unprocessed food for a while and it worked but at the time I was married and had children and new nothing about diet and healthy eating. The computer is hard for me to navigate. so I will keep trying.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, cornijoh. Congratulations! It looks like you are off to a perfect start. We wish you continued success, and are happy to help however we can.

corinjoh0318 6 years ago

The first week I only lost one pound which was ok. The second week I lost 2 pounds. I will be fifty years old in march and have had trouble losing weight. I am happy and feel alot better than I have for a long time. I know not everyone looses weight at the same rate. Is the amount I have lost normal for two wekeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.