Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
gvango93 9 years ago

Thank you 🙂

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, gvango. The best thing is to go by portion size. Note the servings of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, etc. at the meal in question, and just try to mimic them at the restaurant. For an exercise try entering the general types of foods you would order (i.e., naan, chapati, chickpeas, lentils, yogurt, Basmati rice, papadums, salad, chicken/beef/tofu, coconut milk, chutney etc.), and see the portions that are generated in your menu. Note, of course, that lighter items will be those that are not fried or drowned in coconut milk, and it is best to go easy on extra naan/chapati; if you can order brown Basmati instead of white, so much the better.

gvango93 9 years ago

My friends and I love to go to our favourite restaurants regularly but I am having trouble being able to do that and maintain my new and better health choices. The worst is that we all love an Indian meal but I have not got a clue what I can order thats not too damaging to my new diet. If anyone has any tips on what to have or what to avoid from this cuisine I would be really grateful. I don’t want my new habits to slip but i also don’t want to miss out on a catch up with my friends…
Thank you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.