Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Michelle. I was referring to the number on the scale. The % body fat will be taken care of by his fitness routine, and that will likely improve faster than his total body weight.

MichelleLee63 4 years ago

Hi Ossie-Sharon, my husband says he doesn’t consider 35% body fat to be very close to an ideal weight, but then he worked mine out and says I am c. 42.5% body fat now (goodness knows what I was a few weeks ago). Thanks for the advice and we are sticking to the eating plan quite well. (I can’t call it a diet because we have both had to increase the amount we were eating quite a lot!). We have our grandson staying with us this week, thankfully he loves fruit and vegetables. Unusual for a 5 year old but it should keep him healthy at least. He is eating the same size meals as we are!

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Michelle, and thanks for the information. He actually needs the amount that you’re eating. He is losing more slowly because he is closer to his ideal body weight.

Age 54, height 5’9″, Weight 173lb. However he is a very light frame (as are most distance runners). 10 years ago he was 140lb, and was still 20% body fat at that weight, so he is currently c. 35% body fat.

TrimDownClub 4 years ago

Hi, MichelleLee. Yes, he should be increasing his caloric intake, but I would recommend doing it with food (including post-workout). If you post his age, height, and weight here, I can help you with more detailed recommendations.

Hi, my husband has been following the diet with me and eating my prescribed amounts. This works for me (as I walk the dogs a lot) but he is loosing weight slower as he is an IT consultant so has to sit in a chair in front of a computer for 8 to 10 hours a day…
However he used to be an endurance athlete (https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=46838) and has now lost enough weight to start jogging again with less risk of injury. He will start with 15 to 20 miles per week and over the next 12 months will build that up to full training (60 miles per week). Should he slowly increase his calorie intake as he increases the amount of exercise? Also should he have something like a health bar (to replace carbs used up) after an intense workout. (He says when he gets to 35 miles a week he will introduce one intense workout or race per week, and at 50 miles a week that will increase to two a week).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.