Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Peachy5000 10 years ago

Hi Karla,

I noticed a big difference in my tummy area when I started swimming, I know for me, my tummy is normally the last place it goes from. Keep up the good work and you will see results.

karlaPreston 10 years ago

I’ve been doing well on the diet and exercise but I can’t seem to trim down my belly fat. Is there a specific program of cardio/weights that i can do that will address my concern? Currently, I do weights 3 times a week and cardio 2-4 times a week. Does anyone have tips for this stubborn problem? I’m almost 46 years old and am 5′ 4″ and currently 138 lbs. I would like to lose about 5-6 lbs. Feeling frustrated..

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Tweety425,
That is a lot of cardio. I would definitely only do the treadmill for at least 3 weeks and see how your body responds. You can do it 5 days a week with more efficient results if you keep your heart rate around 130-135 bpm for a straight 30 minutes. I know for most more is better in the cardio and exercise category but over training is so very easy to do to your body and it has adverse effects such as weight gain. So always remember to start slow and you will see continued results instead of plateaus!

Tweety425 10 years ago

my heart rate is 120 during the walk (my treadmill has a heart rate meter) the speed is 2-3 mph I start at 1.5 mph for the first 5 minutes, then kick it up and make sure I go at least 10 to 15 minutes of the 30 on 3mph. the incline is set to 20%. I walk 30 minutes with a 4 minute cool down afterwards. I’ve given up the recumbant this week, and see the weight loss again. I have a feeling I was overdoing it. Maybe the treadmill is all I need right now?

Tweety425 10 years ago

I’m doing the treadmill 7 days a week, and the recumbant 5 days a week. I’m probably not ready for talking during the treadmill. I have short legs, right now it’s a challenge on both. Hopeing to work my way up to running in next several months of walking more & more.

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Tweety425,
How many days a week and how difficult is it for you?? Can you talk to someone while you are on the treadmill with ease?

astanley90,
And when you say work out 5 times a week what do you do?

astanley90 10 years ago

I am having the same problem. I work out 5 times a week and stick to the program and I lost 5 pounds the first week, then gained 1 the second week and gained 1 this week. What am I doing wrong?

Tweety425 10 years ago

I’ve been doing 30 minutes of treadmill with a 20% incline, this week I added 45 minutes of recumbant bicycle. In the past weeks I lost a few pounds each week, this week nothing and not strayed from the program. Can you give me an idea of how to break this no weight loss pattern?

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Rcmntgf69,
You are very welcome! The elliptical is a bit harder but you can start with 5 minutes a day on the elliptical and build up maybe 2-5 minutes a week once your body adjusts to the exercise.

Keep up the good work!

Rcmntgf69 10 years ago

thanks for assistance – have recently started on stationary bike – elliptical a little hard but will keep trying

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

MaryJoLev,
Is it a challenging work out for you? You want to always progress in your work outs and if you are always challenged doing the circuit then you are on the right track! Just remember to change up the resistance every 2 weeks so you slowly increase your strength as well.

MaryJoLev 10 years ago

I work out on the Curves circuit. Is this a good work out?

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Meagan Lee 10 years ago

Rcmntgf69,
Yoga and Pilates are not necessarily considered forms of cardiovascular exercise because they don’t usually raise your heart rate above about 110 bpm unless you are just starting out.

To increase your cardio you can add in power walking, walking up hill, jogging, or using a stationary bike or elliptical at the gym. This will raise your heart rate for added cardiovascular/ fat burning benefits such as a stronger heart and more calorie burning. It really depends on your goals for added cardio, there are many different and fun ways to do so.

Rcmntgf69 10 years ago

Uncetain how to increase fitness with cardio. workout – I do Yoga and Pilates but feel I need to do more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.