Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Graciela2. We have that option for the recipes in the Menu Planner list, and are working on the other recipes. The advantage to doing the comparisons (they are more comparisons than calculations) is that it promotes a skill that can be applied to any recipe or food with nutritional information provided.

Graciela2 5 years ago

Thank you O S for your reply. My question was if you can click on the recipe and the program’s algorythm would calculate the points and exchanges automatically. The reason I like this program is that the menu planner makes it very easy to follow. I prefer not to have to calculate the exchangea and points when I look at my meal.

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Graciela2. If you use the personal version of the Menu Planner application (access it by clicking on the “My Food Choices” icon in the toolbar above your current menu), you will see some of our recipes in the “Recipes” subcategory of each major food group. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal. You can also match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.

Graciela2 5 years ago

Is it possible to flag recipes we like so the can be automatically placed on our menu plan? We flag the individual foods we like, tolerate and don’t like. Why can’t we do the same with recipes? TIA

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, Gmilanes11. For many of the recipes, if you use the personal version of the Menu Planner application (access it by clicking on the “My Food Choices” icon in the toolbar above your current menu), you will see some of our recipes in the “Recipes” subcategory of each major food group. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal.

Gmilanes11 5 years ago

Yes I was wondering this too – is there a way to click a button on a recipe and have it automatically insert appropriately to a meal plan?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

You got it! You can match up the exchanges visible at the end of each recipe and when you click on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above your menu. It doesn’t need to be a perfect match to work.
In addition, if you use the personal version of the Menu Planner application (access it by clicking on the “My Food Choices” icon in the toolbar above your current menu), you will see some of our recipes in the “Recipes” subcategory of each major food group. For newer recipes that have not yet been added into the system, you can use them to substitute for the main ingredient in your meal.

djozwowski 5 years ago

Have tried a few of the recipes and most are quite delicious. But not sure how to incorporate them into the plan. Is the easiest way to compare the exchanges: i.e. 2 carbs/3protein with what part of the meal plan asks for?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.