Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Honeybuns. First, I just want to let you know that I have forwarded your query regarding showing the proportions to our tech development team.
Regarding the rest of your questions, the following are my 2 cents:
1. Almonds: Unless you are a vegan, or the rest of the meals in your day are very small, that amount may indeed be too large for a snack – perhaps 1/2 oz (2 Tbsp.) or 1 oz (1/4 cup) is enough.
2. Coconut milk is a fat, so a substitute per grams of fat would be 1 tsp. oil
3. “Light” tuna refers to the color of the actual fish – there is light (not to be confused with “white” which is fatty) and dark or red. If you eat canned tuna of any color, it is recommended to choose canned in water – but if you can’t, then canned in olive or canola oil is best.
4. Yes, you can add a tsp. of fat for flavoring of items that are otherwise dry
5. Peanut butter is included in the nut butter category.
6. Your goal weight is set according to your height and sometimes your current weight, and if you are very overweight, the goal can change (as large amounts of weight loss are sometimes recommended to be done in shifts). If you want a second opinion, please post more information (at least your height).
7. Alcohol is processed like both fat and carbohydrates, so each 5 fl ounce serving of dry red wine (a small glass) would equal 1 carb and 1 fat.
8. Whole grain English muffins are in the Menu Planner (labeled “SWG) – so no substitutions necessary, though you are correct, 1/2=1 slice of bread.
9. There is definitely a maintenance plan for after you meet your goal – you just re-enter your goal on your personal page.

Honeybuns 11 years ago

Plan says I should eat 1/2 cup almonds on first day snack. Should this be 1/2 oz, as shown in other snacks? Also-what is a substitute for 4 tsp. of coconut milk? When diet says “tuna (light)” – is this canned tuna or the fish? When diet shows potato but no butter, is it ok to add a little butter or flavored olive oil? If so, do I need to eat less of something else? IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO SHOW PROPORTIONS OF ITEMS, SO WE COULD KNOW TO SUBSTITUTE 1 tsp of Tahini for __ tbls. of guacamole. Is it possible? Thanks.

Honeybuns 11 years ago

1)Is “nut butter” peanut butter? 2)How is my goal weight set? (I have a goal weight from Weight Watchers (between 140-150) – is this ok?) 3)How can I figure in a glass of red wine? 4)Can I eat multi-grain low-fat english muffins? If so, how do I count/substitute for another bread? 5)As I get closer to goal, does the plan change? Is there a maintenance plan, after goal is met?

Hi, Debbie. You are right – better ro swap out that second roll with a source of protein. I will forward your message on to the tech support team. Thanks.

Debbie-hanlon 11 years ago

I was just wondering about the hot dog rolls it says to eat Two for night snack is this a mistake or am I thinking of a driftnet type of roll

Hi, Jerry. Could you tell me your BMI (or height and weight)? And if a physician or other healthcare practitioner gave you a goal weight, that too? Then I will tell you exactly.

jerry 11 years ago

regarding carb count. I have found variances from meal to meal and snack to snack. Insulin is adjusted for every 2 carbs. If the count is wrong, blood sugar can drop or go up drastically. Six meals, six shots. Are you saying that each meal is 45 carbs, and each snack 20. Doctor wants me to be at about 200 carbs a day. I have not found this ratio to be the case on this diet. Like the diet but spend hours figuring carbs.

Re: carb counting. The exchanges of this program are very, very close to those of the ADA. The pattern and number of carbs for your daily menu are determined by your BMI and weight goal, and should not fluctuate very much from day to day.
I will forward your comments to the tech support team.

lpk49 11 years ago

thanks ossie…i know other ways to eat say almost all corn is gmo but i guess this plan doesnt worry about that…

jerry 11 years ago

I am having to count carbs on own. sometimes guessing on meals because not accurate with measure when adjusting meals. Insulin shots need to be close. Would help if meals were for two or even 4. dividing by 8, 12, 16 does not keep integrity of flavor and really complicates carb measurement when you need to adjust.

Honeybuns 11 years ago

where in the plan (I am brand-new) does it say how to count carbs in the plan? How many per day/week??

Corn itself is OK to eat, but remember to count it as a carb, not just a vegetable.
What is NOT OK are corn syrup additives in foods and beverages, such as high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) – one of the very worst food additives out there.

modocathyo 11 years ago

I too am wondering about the corn in the soup , tortillias for the breakfast etc.

lpk49 11 years ago

first of all many recipes look really great…but i thought corn was one of foods not to eat and it is in some recipes…just wondering

im really glad i found you…i have a long history of obesity and chronic illness…i hope this is what i need to get me going in the right direction

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.