Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, minorevelyn19. I’m attaching a list of quick ideas below. Note that you can get ideas from our recipe collection, and build a menu through the Menu Planner application here to make sure the portion sizes meet your nutritional needs for healthy weight management. To do this, click on “My Menu” on the home page of the site, then for each meal, click on the circular arrow icon to the right of the header – then following the instructions in the pop-up box.
•Fresh and dried fruit
•Cut raw vegetables (free: Arugula, Broccoli, Broccoli rabe/raab, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Radishes, Spinach, Sprouts, Watercress, Zucchini
•Oven-baked vegetable chips
•Nuts and seeds
•Trail mix combinations of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
•Sandwiches – good breads with nut butters, hummus and similar spreads, tahini, canned or smoked fish, cheese, homemade “cold cuts” from fresh meats, egg salad, etc.
•Whole grain or Paleo crackers plus any of the above
•Hard-boiled eggs
•Sliced or string cheese
•Cottage cheese
•Yogurt
•Milk (dairy or vegetal), plain or flavored with cocoa powder and a recommended sweetener
•Hearty soup in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. meat or legume, vegetable, whole grain)
•Hearty smoothie/shake in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. fruit/vegetable, dairy/vegan, seeds)
•Edamame or other legume/pulse snacks
•Whole grain or Paleo cereal or granola (cold in small sealable bag, cooked in thermos)
•Canned beans
•Prepared healthy foods in containers – from leftovers or prepared the night or weekend before.
•Homemade whole-food muffins or bars
•Popped grains, i.e. organic popcorn, sorghum, quinoa

minorevelyn19 4 years ago

Grab and go girl no time no to prepare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.