Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie thank you once again iam not realy trying to keep away from gluten just seems to be a good way of eating I will try a new bread and see if that makes a difference

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, again, Sandrae. I was going over your previous queries, and found that you had been trying to avoid gluten. Please note that spelt does contain gluten, and there has been a connection to headaches identified in the scientific literature.

Hi, Sandrae. Green tea does have caffeine – had you been drinking caffeinated beverages before? Spelt is a type of wheat – any known problems?
Other than that, I would suggest you see a healthcare provider about the change, perhaps even an alternative practitioner covered by your insurance – sometimes Oriental style medicine can find imbalances and solutions that conventional physicians are not as aware of.

sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie thank you for your reply can’t think of any thing different apart from drinking lots of water and changing to green tea spelt bread almond milk and eating more which is all good

Hi, Sandrae. Headaches can be part of the “detox” process (especially if you were consuming a lot of caffeine). However, it is always helpful to consider all the possibilities so nothing gets missed. Have you started eating new foods that may contain allergens? Have you started a new exercise that may be straining your neck or upper back? Are you sleeping differently? And of course, do you have any other symptoms, i.e. skin and/or digestive changes?

sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie thank you for your reply I’am having headaches is this part of the detox thank you

Of course! It is actually optimal if you make the decision yourself based on what you’ve picked up from the program about food groups and portion sizes – that really makes it your own lifestyle.

sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie thank you for your reply can I have same breakfast everday or not and for example if my menu say 2oz tuna can I change it to 2 oz salmon even if I click the alternative and it isn’t there hope you can help me thank you

Hi, Sandrae. Looks great.

sandrae 11 years ago

thank you ossie for your reply had porridge oats 2oz dry weight 1 boiled egg 1 slice spelt bread butter 2plums green tea almond milk on porridge
I’am I doing it right thank you for your help

Hi, Sandrae. The development is working on this, rest assured.

sandrae 11 years ago

hi ossie iam still waiting to hear about the weighing from usa to uk in recipe finding it very very hard to do thank you hope to hear from you soon

Hi, MrCorse. Yes, the recipes freeze very well. I would suggest to freeze individual portions rather than the whole batch together.
The idea of making just half the recipe (or even just a quarter) is excellent too – remember to keep an eye on the food when cooking, as the time required may be less.

mrcorse 11 years ago

Hello, I just started on February 1, 2013 and I am getting ready to start “cooking” in more ways than one. I have picked several recipes but I am the only one I would cook for and most of these are 4-6 servings. Do they freeze well? How can I tell? Or is it better to make half and eat the same menu two days in a row. I am very excited but don’t want to get discouraged because the food goes to waste. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Teade. You can DEFINITELY switch seafood for meats you don’t want – it is an even trade, ounce for ounce. If you want dairy milk, organic fortified is a fine substitute for raw. Almond is wonderful, too, but again, do try to find it fortified with vitamins and minerals – and keep in mind that it is not a source of protein.
As for health food stores, looking in your yellow pages, there seem to be quite a few in eastern Canada – I don’t know in which territory you live, but see if you can find something (Canada is so huge, my list is not be-all-and-end-all).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.